Subscribe by Email
Thank you for your patience as it takes a few days for arrival and dismissal times to operate smoothly.
A few notes regarding dismissal (PM kindergarten & grades 1-6) procedures that you may find helpful:
- We dismiss walkers through the gym lobby so that they can cross our driveway safely and head toward Leaman Avenue. If your child is walking and you would like to meet him/her/them, it is best to plan to meet on the lawn/sidewalk by the gym doors (second entrance/exit to the building). Walkers are dismissed first so that we can help them down Leaman Avenue without traffic leaving the school parking lot.
- Bus riders will be dismissed by bus number. If your child is assigned to a bus and you would like to pick him/her/them up instead, please send a note to school or email the classroom teacher and Mrs. Aument (email@example.com) with the change in transportation.
- Car riders are dismissed after buses depart from the building. They are also dismissed from the gym lobby doors. You can choose to pull into either pick-up line (bus lane or center parking lot lane). You should have received a pick-up name card (check the backpack) that will help us identify who you are picking up. As you get closer to the gym doors (in either line), your child will be called to go to your car.
- Safety is important. We request that only walking parents meet their children at the gym lobby doors. Parents that are driving should wait to pick up children in the car rider line. This keeps our children safe, as we are able to control the flow of traffic in our parking lot.
While dismissal may seem a bit difficult for the first few days, it becomes very fluid after a week or so. We welcome communication regarding your child’s dismissal and mode of transportation.
- While we do our best to confirm during the first few days, a note or email noting a change in transportation from you is requested. It helps us to know how your child will get home.
- Students are either walkers or bus students in our records. If you are planning to pick up your child/children, please let us know. Since car riders are last in the dismissal process, we have no way of knowing that you may be waiting in line without a note.
- If you know that your child will be a car rider most of the time, please let us know and we will make that the normal mode of transportation. A note or email from you can change that if you decide something different.
Arrival (for AM kindergarten and grades 1-6)
- Doors to the building open at 8:50 AM.
- Students eating breakfast at school will be escorted to the cafeteria to eat around 8:30 AM.
- The center parking lot lane works best for drop off. School personnel are stationed at the crosswalk and can help your child cross. Additional personnel will be on the front porch and right inside the door to meet your child/children.
- If you decide to park to escort your child or to go to the office, please be very careful as the flow of traffic during drop off moves quickly once it becomes less congested in the next week or so.
- Safety is important. Please do not use the bus lane for drop off. The children are not expecting any cars in that lane in the morning. Help us keep them safe.
Thank you for your patience as we work to make arrival and dismissal a smooth process.
4th Grade Instrument Information Night will be on Wednesday, August 31st at 6:30 in the Penn Manor High School Auditorium.
Students and parents may sign up to attend by printing and returning the form below to a music teacher, or by following the web address provided below to sign up online.
Follow this link to sign up for Information night online :
Penn Manor elementary schools will be changing to a 4 day cycle this year. Students will refer to each day as Day A, Day B, Day C, and Day D. In order to help you keep the schedule straight, we are posting the schedule from August through November. Please click on the link below to view the calendar.
School breakfast and lunch prices are lists below:
Breakfast – $1.25
Student Lunch – $2.35 (includes milk)
Student Reduced Lunch – $.40
Student Milk – $.60
Students who have enrolled over the summer are welcome to visit Eshleman on August 17 at 10 AM or 1:30 PM for a tour of the school building. You will receive a copy of your child’s school supply list at this time also. Please note that this is for NEW students and their parents only. If you have questions, please contact the school office at 872-9540.
The first day of school menus for Elementary school is as follows:
A lunch: Hamburger on a bun
Golden potato rounds
Fruit & choice of Milk
B lunch: Ham and cheese sandwich
Student price: $2.35
Busing letters have been mailed. If you do not receive your bus letter by Wednesday, August 17th, please call Carolyn Finegan at 872-9500, ext 2236, for busing information.
Eshleman teachers are starting to get their classrooms ready for another productive year. Eshleman PTO will be providing lunch for the teachers on Thursday, August 18, 2016 and we need your help with some of the items. Please click on the link below to sign up!