The district’s issues with Hotmail have been resolved. Thank you for your patience and understanding as we resolved this issue.
On Monday, November 23rd, Penn Manor sponsored a school safety event with Mr. John Baker presenting. Here are some key points to summarize in case you missed it.
- We have built this program on the safety foundation established at home by caring families for their children
- We are approaching how to respond to violence as a life skill not a school skill. We must prepare our children for life beyond school and home
- These strategies compliment stranger danger, home fire safety and child abuse/rape prevention teachings we share with our children now
- We are simply extending the permissions many children have now when confronted with a violent person in the community to the school campus (run if you can, do whatever you can to protect yourself if you can’t)
- All the strategies have one common goal: getting to a safe place
- We teach that people must have situational awareness; a sense of what is happening around them in order to use these strategies
- The primary strategy discussed is the importance of ESCAPING to a safe place during a violent situation to avoid injury
- When ESCAPE is not an option we teach how to create a safe place
- Finally if you are faced with violence and have nowhere to go we discuss how to ENGAGE violence by creating a distraction so you can escape to a safe place
As posted on the district website this afternoon:
Penn Manor is continuing to have difficulty communicating via email with users of Hotmail, Outlook.com, MSN and Live.com.
Emails from Penn Manor are being blocked for an unspecified reason by these online services. Hotmail’s server status tools report that Penn Manor’s systems are functioning normally, and no other online services are blocking our messages.
Despite this, the Hotmail support representatives have stated that they “do not have the liberty to discuss the nature of the block.”
Until this issue is resolved, please consider using alternative email systems, such as Yahoo or Gmail, if possible.
We apologize for the problem, which is beyond our control.
This is a busy week in the Penn Manor School District. Below is a list of upcoming events:
Monday ~ November 23rd – Safety Seminar with Mr. John Baker at PMHS at 6:30. If child care is needed, please contact 872-1401.
Wednesday – Monday (November 25-30) ~ No School due to Thanksgiving Vacation; school reopens Tuesday, December 1st.
FIRST DUE DATE IS TUESDAY, NOVEMBER 24th.
Click on the link below for the order form.
Picture Retakes will be done TOMORROW, November 18th, at 1:00 pm. This is only for students who were absent on Picture Day, or who want their picture taken due to a problem with their original pictures. Please note that all of the original pictures must be returned on the Retake Day. Additional order envelopes are available in the office, if needed. Morning Kindergarten students requiring a picture retake will need to be brought back to the school at 1:00 that day.
Thank you so much for joining us over the past two days to discuss your child(ren)’s progress since school began in August. We all know how valuable time is especially during this time of the year and often 15 minutes is not enough but it was so worthwhile. We love sharing the glows and grows for each individual child. Please know that you can contact us at any time if any questions or concerns arise. Have a great weekend!
Also, we would like to extend a HUGE thank-you to our PTO. We thoroughly enjoyed the Italian feast ~ we were treated like royalty as you can see from all the smiling faces! Thank you, thank you, thank you!