Picture Retakes will be done on Tuesday, November 18th, at 1:00 pm. This is only for students who were absent on Picture Day, or who want their picture taken due to a problem with their original pictures. Please note that all of the original pictures must be returned on the Retake Day. Additional order envelopes are available in the office, if needed. Morning Kindergarten students requiring a picture retake will need to be brought back to the school at 1:00 that day.
Please remember our early dismissal tomorrow, November 14th, at 1:30 PM. There is NO AM Kindergarten.
Thank you so much for joining us over the past two days to discuss your child(ren)’s progress since school began in August. We all know how valuable time is especially during this time of the year and often 15 minutes is not enough but it was so worthwhile. We love sharing the glows and grows for each individual child. Please know that you can contact us at any time if any questions or concerns arise. Have a great weekend!
FROM THE PTO….
THE DINNER FOR THE TEACHERS WAS A GREAT SUCCESS! THANK YOU TO THE PARENTS THAT MADE ALL THE WONDERFUL FOOD- IT IS VERY MUCH APPRECIATED! THIS IS JUST ANOTHER REASON THAT LETORT FAMILIES ROCK!
Any morning kindergarten students who want to have their picture taken/retaken will need to be brought to the school at 1:00.
Any students getting their picture retaken will need to bring their picture packet along with them that day to give to the photographer.
LeTort’s Aluminum “Cans for Kids” Recycling ProjectYour cans help your kids at school
It’s simple! Save all of your empty beverage cans from parties, football games, and holiday events.
- Bring them to school anytime, day or night. Drive to the back of the building and toss your bags of cans into the fenced area marked “Aluminum Cans” next to the ramp to the Car Rider door.
- Students can bring smaller bags of cans to school on the bus on Mondays, and drop them off in a collection bin in the main hallway.
- We are also accepting aluminum siding, sheds, gutters, and doors at school, or Mr. Rohm can come to your house to pick up your discarded aluminum items!
Our goal is to raise $1000 through recycled cans by Valentine’s Day! Please help us gather as much aluminum as possible and reach our goal.
- Spread the word to your relatives, neighbors, your clubs, and church that you are collecting aluminum for LeTort.
- If you pull off beverage can tabs for another charity, keep doing that, and just give us the cans.
- If you put your cans out for trash collection, please redirect them to us.
- It does not matter if the cans are crushed or not.
- It does not matter if the cans are washed or not.
- No food or tin cans accepted. If a magnet sticks to it, we can’t take it.
- We want truckloads of aluminum!
- Aluminum siding, sheds, gutters, and doors are fine too!
- Every can matters and Together We CAN reach our “Cans for Kids” goal!
Tips for No Drips from Cans
- Use two bags with no holes in them.
- Fill the first bag with your cans, and tie the top closed.
- Pull the second bag down over the top of the first bag, flip it upright, and tie securely.
- Your double-bagged cans should keep your car or your child clean and dry while bringing cans to school!
For larger items or to schedule a pick-up with Mr. Rohm at your convenience, please contact: Joyce Wright, firstname.lastname@example.org to make arrangements.
It is easy to increase aluminum recycling at our school, and it benefits all of us to
- Help our environment
- Conserve natural resources
- Take an active role in caring for our planet Earth, and
- Give aluminum a future life at LeTort!
“Cans for Kids”!
All of us at LeTort sincerely hope you will join us in supporting this project!