ITS is a division of the Educational Theatre Association. Our troupe was chartered in the 70’s (hence the low troupe number) – and has been actively involved since that time.
Students who participate in any aspect of our theatre program are considered for potential induction at a ceremony held each spring. Each hour spent contributing to theatre is documented, and every 10 hours of time equals one theatre “point.” Upon earning 10 points in at least two categories (performance, crews, club, officers, etc.) – a student will receive an induction invitation. If they choose to be inducted, they will receive a Thespian pin, and can wear a Thespian stole with their cap and gown at graduation.
Thespian activities include:
- Apple Dumpling fundraiser – plan to work on Friday, November 6th!! Read this memo!
- Trick or Treat So Kids Can Eat – TOTS-EAT food drive – work the crowd at Oct 23rd football game for donations
- Also circulate through your own neighborhood on Trick or Treat Night (Oct 31) asking for canned-food instead of candy!
- Serving as ushers for mainstage productions – Nov 20-21 (Spelling Bee), March 4-5, 11-12 (SPRING SHOW??)
- Attending the state conference (Dec 3-5 at Central York HS) – Cost is approximately $150. Registration must be finalized by October 9th to avoid late fees. Stop by room 209 to pick up an information packet.
- Attending the national Thespian Festival (June, 2016 – University of Nebraska, Lincoln, Nebraska)
- Broadway Cares/Equity Fights AIDS Chinese Auction – in lobby during fall show & spring musical
Troupe Officers :
President: James Mintzer
Vice President: Dustin Schneider
Officers: Haley Hoffer, Julianne Leddy, Claire Molitoris, Dani Shaub, Skyla Taglieri
Troupe Director is Mrs. Melissa Mintzer. Mrs. Carole Shellenberger serves as advisor.
PA Thespians – is the state organization for Thespians. Visit their website: www.pathespians.org for information about state conference, senior scholarship auditions for performers, senior scholarship opportunities for tech portfolios/interviews, and upcoming productions from around the state.
Mrs. Mintzer is a State Board member, and Dani Shaub is a Student Member of the State Board as well. Contact them with any questions or suggestions – they attend planning meetings in the spring & fall.