Listed below are a few reminders as we head into our “spring break” this weekend.
- School IS in session tomorrow.
- Chorus meets tomorrow at 8:00 am.
- Tomorrow is our Palindrome Party. Students are encouraged to dress…backwards! All dress code expectations still apply.
- No School Friday, April 18.
- School IS in session Monday, April 21.
A palindrome is a word, phrase, number, or other sequence of symbols or elements, whose meaning may be interpreted the same way in either forward or reverse direction. Some palindrome examples are:
- Mr. Owl ate my meal worm.
- Was it a rat I saw?
- Never odd or even.
This week all of the dates are palindromes!
On Thursday, April 17 we will be having a Pequea Palindrome Party! Students are encouraged to dress…backwards! Please note that all dress code expectations still apply.
You can download the flyer below from our filing cabinet page along with a Spanish version of the document.
As the weather gets warmer, we wanted to review the dress code information from the Pequea Elementary School Handbook. Our handbook is listed in sections under the General Information category, and the information posted below is from the dress code link.
Loose fitting clothing or footwear (including flip flops), which could cause injury, are not appropriate for school. Students not wearing appropriate footwear will have limited participation in outside activities. Shorts should be long enough to reach fingertips when students are standing up straight. Spaghetti strap shirts and muscle shirts will not be permitted.
Please contact Mrs. Murray with any questions.
As we approach the end of the school year many exciting events are happening at Pequea. Make sure you’re connected through all of our communication mediums to stay in the loop!.
Next week is National Library Week. First sponsored in 1958, National Library Week is a national observance sponsored by the American Library Association (ALA) and libraries across the country each April. It is a time to celebrate the contributions of our nation’s libraries and librarians and to promote library use and support. All types of libraries – school, public, academic and special – participate. We would like to recognize our own special librarian, Mrs. Nadig, as a powerful and positive impact on our Pequea students.
Don’t forget to submit your forms by Monday to participate in Pequea PEP on Tuesday. Our first talent show rehearsal is Wednesday after school for our participants. School pictures are coming up on Thursday, April 24, so schedule those haircuts! Also, school is not in session on Friday, April 18. Has your scientist started working on their project for STEAM Night on May 7th? Report cards will be sent home on Tuesday, April 15.
Have a great weekend!
- Monday, April 14: Cycle Day 1
- Orchestra from 3:45 pm to 5:15 pm
- Pequea PEP form due
- Tuesday, April 15: Cycle Day 2
- 5th & 6th Grade Band Rehearsal @ 8:00 am
- Pequea PEP from 5:30 pm to 7:30 pm
- Report Cards go home.
- Wednesday, April 15: Cycle Day 3
- Thursday, April 16: Cycle Day 4
- Friday, April 18: No School!
- Wednesday, April 23 – Grades 5 and 6 Human Growth and Development
- Thursday, April 24 – Lifetouch Spring Pictures
- Friday, April 25 – Hersheypark discount ticket forms due.
- Monday, April 28 to Friday, May 2 – Grade 4 PSSA Science Test
- Tuesday, April 29 – Talent Show dress rehearsal from 3:30 pm to 5:30 pm
- Wednesday, April 30 – Elementary chorus rehearsal at the high school from 11:30 am to 2:15 pm
- Thursday, May 1 – Elementary chorus concert at the high school at 7:00 pm
- Friday, May 2 – Talent Show at 6:30 pm
- Wednesday, May 7 – STEAM Night to celebrate science and learning. 4:30 pm to 6:30 pm
- Thursday, May 8 – District art show at the high school in the art wing from 6:00 pm to 8:00 pm
- Friday, May 23 – Pequea Backyard BBQ from 5:00 pm to 8:00 pm
- Wednesday, June 4 – Sixth Grade Field Trip (Franklin Institute)
- “Like” us on Facebook
- “Follow” us on Twitter
- Text @pequea to 23559 for text message updates