With the changes in weather, it is imperative that children dress in layers to school. Please make sure your child has an extra layer with him or her. When riding in a bus or car to school they might not feel as though they need it. However, when on the playground for 30 minutes, they might feel differently. Additionally, our building can be quite drafty. Having the option of the extra layer can make us all feel a little warmer.
Today your student brought home a paper with the date and time for your parent/teacher conference in November. Please sign and return the form to your student’s teacher ASAP! Also, if you sold pizzas for our PTO fundraiser, you can pick them up from 4:30 pm to 6:30 pm on Wednesday.
This week is bus driver appreciation week. Make sure you thank our drivers for safely transporting our students throughout the school year. The Pequea Pride Team is still collecting new infant, child, and/or adult socks until November 14 for our Socktober community service project.
The Pride Team is also planning Red Ribbon Week activities for October 27 through October 31. Red Ribbon Week is observed to promote a healthy lifestyle, drug prevention, and making positive choices. This year’s theme is “Love Yourself – Be Drug Free!” More information will be posted next week!
Have a great weekend!
What’s happening for the week?
- Monday, October 20: Day 2
- Tuesday, October 21: Day 3
- Wednesday, October 22: Day 4
- Pizza Kit Pick up from 4:30 pm to 6:30 pm
- Thursday, October 23: Day 5
- Friday, October 24: No School
- Teacher In-Service
Looking ahead… (Pequea Calendar)
- October 20 – 24: Bus Driver Appreciation Week
- Wednesday, October 22 – Pizza Kit Pick up from 4:30 pm to 6:30 pm
- Friday, October 24 – No School (Teacher In-service)
- Sunday, November 2 – Daylight Savings Time Ends (Turn your clocks back one hour.)
- Tuesday, November 11 – Picture retake day at 1:00 pm
Students are encouraged to wear pink tomorrow, but they’re required to return the parent/teacher conference form! Don’t forget that you can download the document from our filing cabinet page. For tomorrow, wear pink and return the conference paper!
Hopefully you can make the PTO meeting tonight at 6:30 pm in the library!