It was a cold and windy week, but it looks as though nicer weather is on tap for the weekend! Don’t forget that school is not in session tomorrow, Friday, October 24.
Next week is Red Ribbon Week. Red Ribbon Week is observed to promote a healthy lifestyle, drug prevention, and making positive choices. The schedule for next week posted below has the theme for each day.
Please make sure you returned your parent/teacher conference form confirmation to your student’s homeroom teacher. Also, the early dismissals during conference week are posted below in the “Looking ahead” section. If necessary, please make arrangements for transportation and/or childcare ASAP!
There are a few weeks left to donate new socks for Socktober. Are you making soup to keep warm on these chilly nights or are you making snacks to watch the big game? Don’t forget to collect your labels!
Have a great weekend!
What’s happening for the week?
- Monday, October 27: Day 6
- “Don’t get tied up in drugs!” – Wear tie-dyed clothing or a necktie.
- Tuesday, October 28: Day 1
- “Sock it to drugs!” – Wear crazy socks or mismatched socks.
- Wednesday, October 29: Day 2
- “Love yourself – Be Drug Free!” – Wear red or pink.
- Thursday, October 23: Day 3
- “Team up against drugs!” – Wear your favorite team jersey or shirt.
- Friday, October 24: Day 4
- “Pequea is drug free… The healthy way to be!” – Wear a Pequea Elementary or Penn Manor shirt.
Looking ahead… (Pequea Calendar)
- Sunday, November 2 – Daylight Savings Time Ends (Turn your clocks back one hour.)
- Tuesday, November 11 – Picture retake day at 1:00 pm
- Wednesday, November 12 – Early Dismissal @ 1:30 pm (No AM or PM kindergarten)
- Thursday, November 13 – Early Dismissal @ 1:30 pm (No PM kindergarten. AM will attend.)
- Thursday, November 13 – VIP Lunch
- Friday, November 14 – Early dismissal @ 1:30 pm (No AM kindergarten. PM will attend.)
- Friday, November 14 – “Socktober” ends! Donate new socks!
- Wednesday, November 26 – Early dismissal @ 1:30 pm. (No PM kindergarten. AM will attend.)