Thank you for all the donations of snacks, pencils, and glue sticks! Here are some items to put on your calendar.
Thursday April 23, Spring Concert–Grade 1. 7:00 p.m. Students should arrive by 6:45. Please refer to Mrs. Repkoe’s letter she sent out last week.
Friday April 24, PTO Grandparent Bingo. 6:00-7:15. Doors open at 5:30.
Wednesday May 27, Awesome Activity Day (Kindergarten, Grade 1, Grade 2)
Thursday May 28, School Picnic
Although 1st grade do not take the PSSAs, the PSSAs affect 1st grade. Our schedule will look a little different this week and next week. For this week:
Monday April 13. Regular schedule. MUSIC
Tuesday April 14. GYM–Lunch 11:45 – 12:20
Wednesday April 15. ART – Lunch 11:45 – 12:20
Thursday April 16. MUSIC – Lunch 11:45 – 12:20
Friday April 17 LIBRARY – Lunch 11:45 – 12:20
FURY FRIEND FRIDAY AND PAJAMAS (April 17) Mrs. Saxton’s class earned a class reward for good behavior and they voted to wear pajamas and bring a stuffed animal friend to hang out with them for the day at school. Way to go 1st Grade! Great job! (I suggested “dress as your favorite character” but I didn’t get any votes. )
Thank you for all you do for your child’s class! If you would like to send in a snack I would gladly give them out to the class. We can have Kix, Cheerios (original), Goldfish, Saltine minis, Lucky Charms, and Rold Gold Pretzels. We do have tree nut and peanut allergies so anything made in a factory with nuts would not be able to be opened in the class. Thank you again!
Mrs. Saxton promised me posting on her blog site would be easy…well here it goes!
Today was a successful Ha-Peep Day. I hope your child came home with stories about their special Peep! It was a fun day. Thank you to all the parent helpers who stopped by throughout the day!!
Here are the upcoming classroom specials and activities for our Academic Spirit Week…
Monday, April 6 (Day 6) Gym SPELLING TEST
“Our future’s so BRIGHT we have to wear shades” Day…Wear sunglasses and BRIGHT colors!
Tuesday, April 7 (Day 1) Library
“Penn Manor PRIDE” Day…Wear PM colors ~ Blue & Gold!
Wednesday, April 8 (Day 2) Art
“Let’s do our BEST on the TEST” Day…Wear your BEST clothes!
Thursday, April 9 (Day3) Music
“Don’t SWEAT the TEST” Day…Wear SWEATS!
Friday, April 10 (Day 4) Gym
“Hats off to out Test Takers” Day…Wear a HAT!
Okay, that’s about as fancy as it’s going to get for this week’s blog! If you need to contact me please email me. I cannot get messages from the classroom phone at this time. firstname.lastname@example.org
Enjoy your holiday weekend!!
Just a reminder that I will be placing a book order tomorrow, so if you would like to place an online order you still have time.
Also, Landon and I had a nice time visiting with the class on Tuesday! A few students asked about writing to me, if you feel comfortable, they are more than welcome to email me at my school email address.
Have a great weekend and happy Easter!
If you would like to place a book order, the online ordering for this set of orders is open until April 3. I will be placing the order that Friday if you are interested. Our classroom activation code it HC3B3. You can order from any of the grade levels, I highly suggest the Kindergarten, First, and Second grade orders. If you select “shop by flyer”, you can place orders in the same grade levels across several months. There are quite a few $1 deals!
Well, I was hoping to make it through the week and say good bye to the class, but as I’m sure you have heard by now my very own Thing 2 decided to surprise us on Tuesday! The students were very sweet to send me some congratulations today!
I appreciate all of your kindness and support and will see everyone again in May. I am happy to receive emails or letters from the students, I’m going to miss them a lot. I know they are in good hands with Mrs. Kinser!
Can you believe March is here already?! I don’t understand where this year has gone! This will be my last week before my maternity leave begins. I will see the class again at the end of the year. Mrs. Kinser is very excited to start working with our class, and I know that we will continue to have an awesome year.
This week is also special because we are celebrating Dr. Seuss’s birthday!!!! Each day is a special celebration, please refer to the specials schedule below to see what the theme is for each day. In addition to our special celebration for the good Dr., our class earned pajama day on Friday as well! Woo-hoo!
News & Reminders:
- Our next Spelling Test is on Friday, March 6.
- Pajama Day is on Friday, March 6. We earned this special reward through awesome behavior choices and hard work as a class.
- Mrs. Kinser will be starting next week. While I am out, I will still be checking emails so feel free to contact me. Also, students may email me too if they would like, or they can write me a letter. I will pick up any “mail” from Mrs. Kinser.
- March 10 is the next PTO meeting at 3:45
Upcoming News & Reminders:
- March 20 is Spring Picture Day
- March 23 is a snow make up day, school is now in session.
- March 27 is a 1:30 dismissal
Well it’s the final countdown for the arrival of Baby Saxton! As it gets closer to my due date, March 7, I’m sure many of you are curious about who will be coming in for me. Mrs. Connie Kinser will be my substitute while I am on maternity leave. She came in for the afternoon on Friday to say hi and observe life in first grade. She will be spending the day with us on Thursday and on Friday this week to get to know the students and our routine. Mrs. Kinser is very excited to work with our class and I know that we are going to knock her socks off!
EXCITING NEWS: Our class won 1st place in the PTO Box Top Blitz!!! Thank you for all of your hard work collecting those Box Tops! Because of you, our class earned free snacks at lunch on Friday. They were so excited to pick a special treat to eat with their lunch.
Reminders & News:
- Our next Spelling Test will be on Thursday, February 26. Please make sure to study your words each night.
- Next week is Dr. Seuss’ birthday!!!! We will be celebrating him all week. Stay tuned for me information!
- Sunday, March 1 is the district ReadAThon to celebrate Dr. Seuss and Read Across America. This event is held at the high school each year. Find more information here.
- I’m still looking for some Mystery Readers for April and May, please email me if you are interested in coming in. I am trying to get as many dates filled as I can before I go out on leave.
Upcoming News & Events:
- March 23- School is NOW IN SESSION!
- March 26- PTO skating night at the Castle from 5-7
- March 27- 1:30 Dismissal
- April 24- Grandparent BINGO at CM
I hope you all enjoyed Valentine’s day and an extended weekend! With the possibility of bad weather tomorrow, remember to check the blog or news to see if there is a delay.
News & Reminders:
- Tomorrow is our Spelling Test. Our next one will be Wednesday, February 25.
- Friday, February 20 is Central Manor PTO Movie Night. Doors Open at 5:30 PM and the movie “Dolphin Tale 2″ will begin promptly at 6:15 PM!
Check out these pictures from our Valentine celebration on Friday.