Our class researched animals and wrote nonfiction reports about them. Each student then also created an animal presentation on Google Drive! I am so proud of their hard work! They typed and “designed” their slides themselves, and we are thankful to our 6th grade and 5th grade helpers for helping us put our pictures in our presentations. Check out the presentations below!
Please feel free to leave some positive feedback for our fabulous firsties as you view their amazing animal projects!
This is a very short week for us in first grade! I cannot believe we are down to our final few days of school already!
- Don’t forget the Book Swap! Please send in any gently used books that your child does not read anymore. We will be collecting books until May 23. Every child will pick a new book, and anyone who donates a book will be entered into a special drawing during our very last Shine Time! We will be visiting the book swap on Thursday, May 30.
- We do not have school on Monday, May 27 in honor of Memorial Day.
- The school picnic is on Thursday, May 30 from 5:30-7:30. Bring the family for food and fun!
- Our last day of school is Friday, June 7 and it is an 11:30 dismissal day.
Tomorrow is Pajama day for the school and Mismatch day for our class. They can just wear mismatched pjs!
CHANGE FOR CHANGE!
Please send in loose change to help us “change” our Primary Book Closet with NEW books!
We are asking that the change be put into collection bins this week from Wednesday through Friday, May 15-17th.
The collection bins will be located at “THE BEACH.” The change can be put in the bins voting for your all time favorite “Read-A-Loud.” Bins will be available from 8:50-9:05 each morning on Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday.
Every student will receive a copy of the Central Manor All Time Favorite Read-A-loud Books List.
The funds we collect will be used to purchase more books for our primary (K-2) Book Closet.
The Academic Support Team, Mrs. Johnson, Mrs. Kamen, Mr. Malek and Miss Parker will be purchasing books at the Scholastic Warehouse Sale! Most books are discounted by at least 25%!
Friday is dress like a book character day! I am excited to see our famous characters in the classroom!
Whew~This is going to be a busy week in 1st grade! We have a lot of fun activities happening this week. We are also saying good-bye to Miss Young, our Millersville student, this Friday. We will miss her, but we wish her the best of luck in student teaching!
- Our Spelling Test is Thurssday, May 16th. This will be our last spelling test for the year!
- Monday, May 13 is our Officer Phil Assembly. We will learn about being safe wherever we go.
- First grade is collecting donations for PTO raffle baskets for the school picnic. Our themes are pets and the beach. Please send in any donations by May 17th.
- Don’t forget the Book Swap! Please send in any gently used books that your child does not read anymore. We will be collecting books until May 23. Every child will pick a new book, and anyone who donates a book will be entered into a special drawing during our very last Shine Time!
- NO SCHOOL: May 20 and May 21
Your child will be bringing home their final Book Order for the year. If you would like to order online, click here. Our class activation code is HC3B3. If you have ordered before, make sure you use your free book coupon!
May 13-17 is National Children’s Book Week, please read below for special activities happening at Central Manor to celebrate.
National Children’s Book Week
Monday: We will be voting for our favorite book in 1st grade!
Tuesday: We will not be doing anything special due to Awesome Activity Day.
Wednesday: We will be listening to a very special guest reader!
Thursday: Pajama Day! Come to school in your pjs along with your favorite bedtime story.
Friday: Storybook Character Day! Dress up as your favorite book character. Encourage your child to bring the book with them! We will also have READcess at the end of the day, so feel free to send in a towel to sit on!
We are looking for shoeboxes for a special animal project we are doing with Miss Young next week. If you have any to spare please just send them in with your child.
Don’t forget about books for the Book Swap! We are looking for donations of gently used books to share with others! We are collecting books until May 23!
Our first grade year is very quickly coming to an end and it is very bittersweet for me. I have LOVED getting to know each child in my classroom this year and will miss them greatly, but am so proud of how hard they have worked this year and am excited to see them come back as 2nd graders next year!
Our ABC countdown continues with our Dance Party today! Congratulations to Allyssa K. for blowing the biggest bubble on Wednesday!
Don’t forget to check your ABC Coutndown sheet for our days E-I next week!
Our Spelling Test is Wednesday, May 8th.
Thursday, May 9th is Central Manor Night at Scoop’s Ice Cream and Grille and Boulder’s miniature golf in Mountville. I hope to see you all there!
Next week is jam packed for us! We have a special assembly with Officer Phil on Monday, Awesome Activity Day on Tuesday, and a Rockin’ Reader on Wednesday!
First grade is collecting donations for PTO raffle baskets for the school picnic. Our themes are pets and the beach. Please send in any donations by May 17th.
Central Manor Elementary
~We are having a BOOK SWAP~
May 29th for 3rd – 6th
May 30th for K – 2nd
You may donate gently used books to swap from other donated books. Your child will receive one book for each book they donate up to 5 books. Please donate books by 5/22.
All students will leave with at least one book.
More information on CM blog!
Alyssa L. 5/10
You received a letter today with our Alphabet countdown for the last 26 days of school. I am feeling very sad about this, but I do want to make the last few weeks in 1st grade fun and memorable for the awesome students in my class! Today you may have seen was A and we flew paper airplanes outside. Congratulations to Dhamir, he folded the airplane that flew the furthest! Tomorrow we will be celebrating B by blowing bubbles outside! Stay tuned to see who can blow the biggest bubble!
Monday we will be eating different parts of plants as part of both our celebration and our Plants unit. I am looking for some donations! Please leave a comment below if you can send these items in on Monday!
Seeds: sunflower or pumpkin seeds
Stems: celery, broccoli, and/or caulifower
Fruits: apples, oranges, cucumber
Plates: at least 23
Ranch dressing or dip: a container or normal salad dressing size bottle would be great!
If you are sending in a plant part, please help me by cutting it into 24 small pieces for students to eat.
I appreciate all that you do to support us in our learning!!!!
Whatever is not posted by Friday evening, I will plan on bringing in. Thank you so much!
Can you believe it is already May?! This year is winding down very quickly and we’ve still got so many things happening in first grade! On Monday, we are welcoming Miss Young, a Junior Block student from Millersville. She will be helping and working in our classroom for the next three weeks. We look forward to working with her!
Our Spelling Test is Tuesday, April 30th.
Student council is holding the 3rd annual Book Swap at Central Manor! Please donate any gently used books that your child is no longer reading. Students will be able to pick new books for every book they return up to 4 books. We will use extra books to ensure that all students get to pick a book.
Don’t forget the Manor Family Fun Fest is tomorrow from 1-4, Rain or Shine! There will be lots of fun activities for the whole family!
Central Manor Leader night at Scoop’s is coming up! May 9th from 4:30-7:30 Central Manor Teachers will be scooping ice cream and renting golf clubs for miniature golf. If you’re looking for a nice treat this weekend, Scoop’s is offering free ice cream all day on Sunday!! Stop out and enjoy a tasty treat!
Thank you for coming to the awesome performance last night! Your child did an amazing job! If you have any good pictures, I would love to have a copy! You can email them to me at email@example.com. Thank you!
I am still looking for Mystery Readers! Please email me firstname.lastname@example.org if you are interested.
- Our Spelling Test is Monday, April 22nd.
- We are celebrating Earth Day on Monday! Students should wear “earthy” colors and/or shirts with Earth on them.
- On Wednesday, April 24, Mr. Gambler is coming in to do a special musical presentation for us to go with our story “Make Some Music”. We will be singing lots of different songs with him.
- Friday, April 29 is “Hats Off to Our Test Takers” day. Students may wear a hat to celebrate the end of the PSSA testing for our school!
- Don’t forge the Penn Manor Comet Trot is this Saturday, April 20 from 12-2! There will be lots of fun activities for the whole family!
Scoops Night in May!
Scoops Ice Cream and Grille in Mountville has generously agreed to host another Central Manor night! Please click on the link below to take a look at the flyer!
Have a great weekend!
We will be performing our musical for parents Thursday evening, April 18th, at 7 p.m. Here are the details:
- Bring your child to our classroom between 6:45 and 7 p.m. If your child has a sweater or jacket, take it with you, as we will not be returning to the room after the program. You will then go to the gym to enjoy the program. Your child will wait in the room with me until it is our turn to go on stage.
- Your child should wear cool clothes because it gets very hot under the lights on the stage.
- We are last in the program. Therefore, you will pick your child up on the stage after the program. Be sure to make eye contact with me or tell me you are taking your child so that I know!