Hello! Happy first day of Spring! Your child is learning all about needs, wants, goods, services, and earning an income during our economics unit. We will be talking about the differences between producers and consumers and spending and saving our money.
A letter is coming home about a special project in which your child will be creating and running their own business. 🙂 The guidelines are below. Please return the bottom portion of the letter to school by Friday, March 24. The “goods” that they are producing are due to school by Tuesday, March 28. If you need any paper for the project, please let me know and I can send some home for the project. 🙂
We will be creating our storefronts at school, as well as a commercial/advertisement for our products. 🙂 Please contact me if you have any questions or concerns about the project!
Well this was a crazy week! I can’t believe it’s time to say good-bye again when we just started yesterday! The class did a great job adjusting to the craziness and I am proud of them for working so hard.
Happy St. Patrick’s Day!!
I hope everyone is enjoying some fun in all of the snow! Due to the snow days, we will now be in school on Thursday, April 13 and Friday, May 26.
Our spelling test is going to be Friday, March 17. Be sure to study your ai/ay words: play, day, say, plain, rain, wait, feet, me, door, told.
Want some extra credit? Practice your math facts by logging on to XtraMath!
News & Reminders:
- Book Orders are due if you are planning to order books. 🙂
- We’re running low on pencils and glue sticks if you would like to donate any to our classroom. We would greatly appreciate it!
- No school Friday, March 10 and Monday, March 13.
- Friday, March 31 is a 1:30 dismissal.
- No school April 13-17
Hi! I realized I forgot the date on the orders that came home. 🙂 I will be placing the order Friday, so if you are interested in ordering please place your online order by Friday afternoon or send your “paper” order in with payment tomorrow. 🙂
What a whirlwind of a week! We learned a lot of life lesson from Dr. Seuss and had a lot of fun celebrating his birthday! Ask your child to talk about their favorite Dr. Seuss book and their favorite activity from the week.
Reminders & News:
- Yearbook orders were due on Friday. The PTO will not be able to accept late orders. They will be selling a very limited number at the school picnic in May.
- Thanks to the PTO and your fundraising efforts as home, we have a new piece of playground equipment for recess! The students are super excited to play on it.
This week, we will celebrate Dr.Seuss’s birthday and Read Across America week.
Monday – Wear red and blue like Thing 1 and Thing 2.
Tuesday– Dress like Fox in Socks and wear some fun, wild socks.
Wednesday – Wacky Wednesday- Dress your wackiest and wear your tackiest.
Thursday – Dr. Seuss and the Cat both wore funny hats . . . . . .Hat day!
Friday – Take a look, take a look. . . . . . I have my favorite Dr. Seuss Book! (We will have a special reading time together as a first grade)
Tomorrow is Kids at Work Day! Students may dress up in clothing to show a career they might be interested in having some day. 🙂 Please no masks or face paint.
Here is a look at our week:
Thursday: Music (We are practicing for the Spring Musical! We will be performing as a whole first grade. More details will come home from Mrs. Repkoe!)
Friday: Flex & Book Exchange-Please bring your library books! We will be taking our spelling test on Friday and it is a 1:30 Dismissal.
- Please return Jump Rope for the Heart Papers by February 28th.
- Spring Pictures are also on February 28th.
- Please return Yearbook Order forms by March 3.
- Next week is Dr. Seuss’ birthday!!! You know we will be celebrating in our classroom! Stay tuned for more details!
- March 10 and 13 are Snow Make up days….fingers crossed we don’t need to use them!!!
News & Reminders:
- February 22 is Kids at Work Day…click here for more informationKids-at-Work-Letter-for-parents-page-1
- Penn Manor Productions will present Disney’s The Little Mermaid as our spring musical at PMHS. March 3-4 and 10-11 at 7:30 pm. We will also have a 2:00 matinee on March 4th. Tickets are now on sale, and all seating is reserved on a first-come basis. SAVE THE DATE! – You are also invited to meet our Disney characters at our “Under the Sea Social” during the afternoon of Saturday, February 25th. Advance registration will be required – $5/person – use this RSVP form to save your spot! You will receive a confirmation email – we will accept reservations until we have reached capacity.