Well, I was hoping to make it through the week and say good bye to the class, but as I’m sure you have heard by now my very own Thing 2 decided to surprise us on Tuesday! The students were very sweet to send me some congratulations today!
I appreciate all of your kindness and support and will see everyone again in May. I am happy to receive emails or letters from the students, I’m going to miss them a lot. I know they are in good hands with Mrs. Kinser!
Can you believe March is here already?! I don’t understand where this year has gone! This will be my last week before my maternity leave begins. I will see the class again at the end of the year. Mrs. Kinser is very excited to start working with our class, and I know that we will continue to have an awesome year.
This week is also special because we are celebrating Dr. Seuss’s birthday!!!! Each day is a special celebration, please refer to the specials schedule below to see what the theme is for each day. In addition to our special celebration for the good Dr., our class earned pajama day on Friday as well! Woo-hoo!
News & Reminders:
- Our next Spelling Test is on Friday, March 6.
- Pajama Day is on Friday, March 6. We earned this special reward through awesome behavior choices and hard work as a class.
- Mrs. Kinser will be starting next week. While I am out, I will still be checking emails so feel free to contact me. Also, students may email me too if they would like, or they can write me a letter. I will pick up any “mail” from Mrs. Kinser.
- March 10 is the next PTO meeting at 3:45
Upcoming News & Reminders:
- March 20 is Spring Picture Day
- March 23 is a snow make up day, school is now in session.
- March 27 is a 1:30 dismissal
Well it’s the final countdown for the arrival of Baby Saxton! As it gets closer to my due date, March 7, I’m sure many of you are curious about who will be coming in for me. Mrs. Connie Kinser will be my substitute while I am on maternity leave. She came in for the afternoon on Friday to say hi and observe life in first grade. She will be spending the day with us on Thursday and on Friday this week to get to know the students and our routine. Mrs. Kinser is very excited to work with our class and I know that we are going to knock her socks off!
EXCITING NEWS: Our class won 1st place in the PTO Box Top Blitz!!! Thank you for all of your hard work collecting those Box Tops! Because of you, our class earned free snacks at lunch on Friday. They were so excited to pick a special treat to eat with their lunch.
Reminders & News:
- Our next Spelling Test will be on Thursday, February 26. Please make sure to study your words each night.
- Next week is Dr. Seuss’ birthday!!!! We will be celebrating him all week. Stay tuned for me information!
- Sunday, March 1 is the district ReadAThon to celebrate Dr. Seuss and Read Across America. This event is held at the high school each year. Find more information here.
- I’m still looking for some Mystery Readers for April and May, please email me if you are interested in coming in. I am trying to get as many dates filled as I can before I go out on leave.
Upcoming News & Events:
- March 23- School is NOW IN SESSION!
- March 26- PTO skating night at the Castle from 5-7
- March 27- 1:30 Dismissal
- April 24- Grandparent BINGO at CM
I hope you all enjoyed Valentine’s day and an extended weekend! With the possibility of bad weather tomorrow, remember to check the blog or news to see if there is a delay.
News & Reminders:
- Tomorrow is our Spelling Test. Our next one will be Wednesday, February 25.
- Friday, February 20 is Central Manor PTO Movie Night. Doors Open at 5:30 PM and the movie “Dolphin Tale 2″ will begin promptly at 6:15 PM!
Check out these pictures from our Valentine celebration on Friday.
Reminders & News:
- Tuesday, February 10 is the next PTO meeting at 6:30 PM
- Friday, February 13 is our Valentine exchange. If your child is bringing valentines, please be sure to send them to school by Friday.
- Our next Spelling Test will be Tuesday, February 18.
- No school on Monday, February 16 for Presidents’ Day
- Friday, February 20 is Central Manor Movie Nigh. Doors Open at 5:30 PM and the movie “Dolphin Tale 2″ will begin promptly at 6:15 PM! All students MUST be accompanied by an adult.
We are having a lot of fun today celebrating all things 100! We counted to 100 lots of different ways. We shared and wrote about our collections before lining them up and seeing whose collection was the longest and the shortest. We also compared our own collection to those around us. We wrote and read 100 words, flipped a coin 100 times, and did 100 exercises! We will be writing about what life will be like when we are 100 and what we would do with $100. Students will also be practicing their skip counting skills when we make our necklaces this afternoon. I just wanted to share these “gems” from today. Check out your “old” children!
Happy 100th Day from Mrs. Saxton’s Class!
Don’t forget to bring your collections to school! We will be doing some fun activities with them. Don’t forget to look your oldest tomorrow! Remember it is not required, but it is encouraged.
See you on the 100th Day!
Will he or won’t he? Let’s hope the groundhog predicts that Spring is just around the corner tomorrow! Can you believe it’s February already?! The year is already half way over, and I don’t know where the time has gone! I do know that this group of first graders is especially awesome and working hard to master tons of skills!
Reminders & News:
- Our early dismissal from last week was moved to this Friday, February 6 due to possible weather complications.
- Our next Spelling Test with ir, er, and ur is Friday, February 6.
- I will be at a Science in-service on Tuesday, February 3 so there will be a substitute in the classroom. Please remind your child so they are not surprised.
- Woo hoo!!!! Our 100th Day is here!!! Wednesday, February 4 is our 100th day of school! (Pending any snow days on Monday or Tuesday) Don’t forget to bring in your collection of 100 things and to dress like you are 100 years old! I know it’s hard to remember things when you get to be that old!
- Report Cards will be distributed Thursday, February 5. (Please KEEP the report card, but return 2 things…the signed brown envelope AND the parent comment sheet)
Upcoming News and Events:
- February 10 - PTO Meeting – 6:30 PM
- February 13 – School in session (It’s a snow make-up day!)
- We will be exchanging valentines this year on Friday, February 13th. If your child is choosing to participate, please include enough valentines for everyone in our class, a list will be coming home this week. We will make containers for our valentines here at school.
- February 16 – Presidents’ Day (No School)
- February 20 – Central Manor Movie Night – Doors Open at 5:30 PM and the movie “Dolphin Tale 2″ will begin promptly at 6:15 PM!
Parents – please read below. The district is trying to be proactive in sharing how a possible Thursday night snow could impact Friday scheduling. We have underlined the information important to elementary parents.
Thursday’s weather conditions may prompt a change in schedule for the Parents’ Night planned for Thursday, January 29, at Penn Manor High School and the early dismissal planned for Friday, January 30, for all schools.
There is a possibility of a small amount of snow (1 to 2 inches) starting early Thursday evening. If the forecast continues to hold, we will make a decision regarding postponing Parents’ Night by 2:00 pm Thursday. If it is postponed, we will also reschedule the K-12 early dismissal now planned for Friday.
The rescheduled dates would be Thursday, February 5 for Parents’ Night andFriday, February 6, for the K-12 early dismissal. This Friday, January 30, would become a regular attendance day.
Please check the district website, Twitter account and/or phone mobile app for updates.
Friday is Jersey day at Central Manor. Remind your child to wear their favorite sports jersey. If they don’t have a jersey, any T-shirt or sweatshirt of their favorite sports team or a team they play on is encouraged too!
*Just a reminder!*
Friday is a 1:30 dismissal day due to teacher in-service.
Here’s to hoping we have a full day of school tomorrow!