News & Reminders:
- February 22 is Kids at Work Day…click here for more informationKids-at-Work-Letter-for-parents-page-1
- Penn Manor Productions will present Disney’s The Little Mermaid as our spring musical at PMHS. March 3-4 and 10-11 at 7:30 pm. We will also have a 2:00 matinee on March 4th. Tickets are now on sale, and all seating is reserved on a first-come basis. SAVE THE DATE! – You are also invited to meet our Disney characters at our “Under the Sea Social” during the afternoon of Saturday, February 25th. Advance registration will be required – $5/person – use this RSVP form to save your spot! You will receive a confirmation email – we will accept reservations until we have reached capacity.
I hope you are all enjoying some fun in the snow! Due to our snow day today, we will now be in session next Friday, February 17.
Looking for something to do today? Check out these snow science experiments! We’ve been talking about Matter and how it can change from one state to another. Can your child take the solid ice and turn it into a liquid? Do you want to make your own snowflake? Check this out!
You can practice your math facts on XtraMath or check out some of the link on the Fun Links tab of the blog. Students can send me pictures of them playing in the snow and a short message about what they did today at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Here are a couple of cool videos for this snow day also!
Don’t forget to work on your Valentine’s Day Challenge project! 🙂 I included the class list in case you lost yours and want to work on your Valentines. It is not a requirement for you to do the project or bring in valentines. No one will be left out! 🙂
See you tomorrow!
Reminders & News:
- Report Cards– Report cards will be coming home tomorrow. Please sign and return the envelope. The report card copy is yours to keep. If you have any questions or concerns about your child’s report card feel free to call or e-mail me. Also, I would be more than happy to set up a time to meet if you would like more information about how your child is doing in school.
- Box Top Blitz– PTO is doing a Box Top Blitz! Send in your box tops from January 30-Febraury 3. The top 3 classes will earn a prize!
- Souper Bowl– Student Council is running the “Souper Bowl” January 25th – February 3rd. Vote for your favorite team by donating a can of soup!
- Don’t forget the 100th Day on February 1!
- A pink paper came home today with your child. One side has a class list for Valentines, the other has the instructions for creating a Valentine holder. Be as creative as you want! 🙂 If you need supplies, just email me! I can store the holders until Valentine’s Day if you finish them early. 🙂
- PTO family movie night – February 10th
- PTO Candy Fundraiser Orders are due February 21
I incorrectly posted a 1:30 Dismissal this Friday! That dismissal is for secondary only. We will be in school for the full day. I apologize for my mistake, it must be all this rain getting to me! 🙂
Just a reminder there are still spots available to be a mystery reader and for helping out on the 100th day of school! 🙂
Reminders & News:
- Student Council is running the “Souper Bowl” January 25th – February 3rd! Vote for your favorite team by donating a can of soup!
- The School Board approved a minor revision in the school calendar for the current 2016-2017 school year. As a result, the date for the early dismissal in May moved from May 19 to May 12, 2017 to coincide with the date of the high school prom. Please mark this change on your calendar.
- The 100th day of school is Wednesday, February 1 (pending snow days). Thank you to everyone who signed up to donate or volunteer. If you would like to donate please sign up here or if you would like to help out that day, please sign up here.
- There is no school Friday February 17th and Monday February 20.
- If you are interested in being a Mystery Reader, please sign up here!
Tomorrow is Furry Friend Friday! Students may bring one reasonably sized stuffed animal to school for the day. They are already so close to earning another reward as a class, they are awesome!
Reminders & News:
- Tuesday is another day A. We are making up a day A that we missed in November when we were not in session, but secondary was.
- As we begin the second semester, students will no longer be going to library instruction. Instead, students will be going to what we are calling “Flex” time. During this time, they will be practicing problem solving skills and outside the box thinking to create and build things. Students will still exchange their library books every other cycle as we have been doing all year.
- The class has earned another reward; Furry Friend Friday! Students may bring a stuffed animal to school with them on Friday, January 20.
The 100th Day of School!
Please check your child’s folder for the 100th day letter that came home today. If you are interested in donating items for our day, please sign up here. If you are interested in helping out that day, please sign up here. Please know, that if there are any snow days between now and February 1, our 100th day celebration will be pushed backed accordingly. 🙂
Calling All Mystery Readers!!!
I’m looking for my second round of readers! 🙂 Grandparents, aunts, uncles, moms, dads, siblings come and read to our class. If you are interested in being a mystery reader during the second half of the year, sign up here. Please note, you will need to email me your time preference from the 3 choices, unless you sign up for a day with a time already selected. Those times must be 9:15 due to our early dismissal schedule.
If none of these dates suit you, email me and we can set something up. Also, if we would have a delay or cancellation on your day to come in, we will reschedule your date due to the impact on our schedule. Thank you!
We survived our first 2 hour delay of the year, we learned a lot too! 🙂 The class was so excited about seeing a little bit of the white stuff this morning.
Reminders & News:
- Have you signed up for the new text message service in case of bad weather? To sign up for the REMIND service, please text @cmcomm to 81010.
- Students interested in participating in the school talent show may grab a paper from the office. The Talent Show is Friday, January 20.
- Monday, January 9 – PTO Meeting at 6:30 PM
- Friday, January 13 – 1:30 Early Dismissal (Secondary does NOT have school this day)
- Friday, January 13 – End of 2nd Marking Period
- Monday, January 16 – Martin Luther King, Jr. Day (No School)
- Friday, January 27 – 1:30 Dismissal Report Cards will be coming home from the 2nd Marking Period.
- Pending snow days, February 1 is our 100th day of school! Stay tuned for more details…. 🙂