Some students asked for my address to send me mail over the summer and I am more than willing to share!
Students can email me at email@example.com or they can write me a letter/card, postcard, etc. addressed at
543 Manor Street
Columbia, Pa 17512
I am looking forward to some mail!
Also for Xtra Math, I didn’t hand out our summer flyers in the chaos of today!!! To log in students can click on Xtra Math in Math links or go to the sign in at XtraMath
Our classroom code is: 8386XRAA
Click on “Mrs. Saxton”
Find their name and sign in!
*IF they forget their PIN, simply email me and I will gladly send it to you!
I give you back your children, the same children you confidently entrusted to my care last fall. I give them back pounds heavier, inches taller, months wiser, more responsible, and more mature then they were then.
Although they would have attained their growth in spite of me, it has been my pleasure and privilege to watch their personalities unfold day by day. I give then back reluctantly, for having spent eight months together in the narrow confines of a crowded classroom, we have grown close, have become a part of each other, and we shall always retain a little of each other.
Ten years from now if we met on the street, your child and I, a light will shine to our eyes, a smile to our face, and we shall feel the bond of understanding once more, this bond we feel today.
We have lived, loved, laughed, played, studied, learned, and enriched our lives together this year. I wish it could go on indefinitely, but give them back I must. Take care of them, for they are precious.
Remember that I shall always be interested in your children and their destinies, wherever they go, whatever they do, whoever they become. Their joys and sorrows I’ll always be happy to share.
Thank you for a wonderful year!
Hi there! As many of you know we have been using a website called Xtra Math to practice our facts this year during math. I will be leaving the student accounts active this summer so that student may continue to practice them for second grade. Flyers will be coming home this week to give you information about how to access the site.
*Please help your child log in the first few times, it looks a little different logging in from home than it does when they log in at school. It may be a little confusing. I did receive a few emails that my password has been asked to be reset a few times and student accounts were attempted to be logged into with the wrong data as well. Once they get in a few times they should be good to go!
If they earn a certificate over the summer, I will gladly mail them to students who earn them, I know it is exciting to get one!
Have a great night!
I cannot believe that this is our last week of first grade! We will be doing a lot of great stuff this week, so make sure you talk to your child each night about what we are doing in our class!
Friday is our Year End Celebration for first grade. We will be celebrating first grade and also our summer birthdays! If your child has a birthday in June, July, or August please feel free to send in a treat so that we can celebrate them on Friday! If you would like to send something in, please email me so that we don’t have 5 dozen cupcakes in our room!
Thursday is the School Picnic! It begins at 5:30 and there will be food and games! Come out and try to win one of the awesome baskets they are raffling off!
Have a great week!
Check out our awesome animal presentations! Just click on the animal you would like to learn about and enjoy the show!
I hope you all enjoyed the beautiful weather with your families this weekend. I, along with 20 very sweet first graders, are very excited about the summer like weather! Unfortunately, I ONLY have 10 days left with your children! I CANNOT even think about it! Even though the year is winding down, we are getting busier and busier in first grade!
Reminders & News:
- On Tuesday, we will be sharing our animal presentations with other classes in our building! We are SO excited! Stay tuned, you will be able to view the presentations from the comfort of your own home!!!
- On Friday, we will be visiting the Book Swap to select “new to us” books.
- Please help your child remember his/her library book. ALL student library books are to be returned for the year.
- We have taken our last spelling test for the year! We will still practice a variety of words that we have learned this year and learn a new phonics pattern too!
Upcoming News & Events:
- June 5 is our School Picnic, see you there at 5:30!
- June 9 is our last student day. We will be dismissed at 11:30 and students will receive their report cards that day.
Don’t forget to come out to Scoops Ice Cream and Grille tomorrow night!!
Can you believe we are down to our final 15 days of 1st grade?! I can’t, this year has just flown by! We missed our Book Exchange time on Friday due to the early dismissal. That would have been our final time to check out new books. The librarians have renewed all of our books for this cycle, but please make sure your child returns their book next Monday. The library will be taking inventory of all the books in the library! Thank you!
Reminders & News:
- For our ABC Countdown, tomorrow we will eat Lunch outside, Tuesday we will play Math games, Wednesday we will do fun things with our Names, Thursday we will learn one of our subjects Outside, and Friday we will wear our Pajamas to school!
- We have been working very hard on our Animal Reports and slideshow presentations. I will share our hard work with you later this week!
- Friday, May 23 will be our Chapter 14 Math Test on fractions.
- We will also be taking our Lesson 27 Spelling Test on Friday as well since we will have a long weekend for the holiday. Make sure your child studies extra hard this week! We have a tricky list with ow and ou in the middle of our words.
- Thursday, May 22 is Central Manor Spirit night at Scoop’s Ice Cream and Grille! Come and see me, and other Central Manor staff members, renting out golf clubs and scooping ice cream!
- Thursday, May 22 is the last day to donate books to the Book Swap. Please think about donating books that you no longer read!
- Don’t forget to donate to the first grade PTO raffler baskets! Donations will be collected until May 21. Our themes are pets and the beach!
Upcoming Events & News:
- Monday, May 26- No School! Happy Memorial Day!
- Thursday, June 5 – PTO School Picnic, hope to see you there!
- Monday, June 9 -Last Student Day 9-11:30 (No breakfast or lunch!) (Also lots of tears….mainly from me! )
Hello! Central Manor’s Annual Book Swap is coming!!! Students may donate gently used books to the swap and then they will get to pick “new” books of their own. All students will get to pick at least one book. Students may donate as many books as they would like, and will get to pick that many new ones, up to five. This helps to provide enough books for all students in the school.
We will be collecting books until May 22. Our class will be visiting the Book Swap on May 30.
Will we see you at the PTO school picnic? Come and join us for food and fun on June 5!
I hope you enjoyed this beautiful weather and had a nice Mother’s Day. Can you believe there’s only 20 days left this year?! Don’t forget to check your ABC Countdown calendar each day to see what we’ve got in store for the day!
News & Reminders:
- Monday, May 12 is Awesome Activity Day! Students will be outside for most of the morning participating in a variety of physical activities set up by our own wonderful Dr. Janssen!
- 1st grade is collecting pet care and beach items for our PTO raffle baskets. Grade level baskets will be raffled off at our school picnic! Thank you for the donations that we’ve received so far!
- Tuesday, May 13 is a special assembly for K-2. Officer Phil will be coming to talk to us about being safe everywhere we go.
- Book Orders are due Tuesday, May 13.
- Friday, May 16th is our Lesson 26 spelling test.
- Friday, May 16th is a 1:30 dismissal.
- This week is National Book Week. Here is how we will be celebrating at Central Manor:
May 12th – Comet Cash Book Raffle*Upon leaving the cafeteria after lunch, books will be on display. In front of these books will be a jar. If a student wants to win that book via raffle, all he/she needs to do is drop COMET CASH in the jar! Come to lunch with COMET CASH! Lucky winners will be announced later that afternoon.
May 13th – Rise and Shine Readers! (Parents Mark Your Calendars for this Morning!)*Parents/Children – Arrive anytime from 8:15-8:45 AM and read together in the hallway. Bring a blanket & stuffed animal too! Parents, please park in the lower side lot to avoid morning bus drop off.
May 14th – READcess!*We all know “recess,” but how about READcess? Come with a good book and enjoy reading under the sun. READcess will be held outside from 2:50-3:10 PM.
May 15th – Rocking Readers*Enjoy a great book read aloud by a “mystery reader.” Look for the rocking chairs!
May 16th – Dress Like Your Favorite Book Character Day*Bring your favorite book character to life.
- I am looking for any pictures from the 1st Grade Concert that you might have. I was so excited to watch them sing, I on;y got pictures of backstage!!! Thank you!
Upcoming News & Events:
- Monday, May 26 is Memorial Day, NO SCHOOL!
- Thursday, June 5 is the School Picnic
- Monday, June 9 is the last day of school for students.
- We will be celebrating our summer birthdays in June. More information will be posted shortly.
Thank you so much for coming to our Tea Party on Friday. The students were so excited and happy to celebrate you!