Please make sure you scroll down to “Things to Note” for important announcements this week!
- We are continuing Chapter 9 this week
- Students will receive their Chapter 9 Quiz 2 back on Monday
- They will have a quiz on lessons 1-11 on Thursday, 2/14 (all basic skills; its a large chapter!)
- Our chapter test will be the following week
- We will start lesson 17 on Monday
- Comprehension, Focus Skill,and Vocab Test for Lesson 17 will be on Friday, 2/15.
- Spelling test list 17 will be on Monday, 2/18.
- Click here for the link to our online storytown book. After reaching the table of contents, click on “Nothing Ever Happens on 90th Street” to read this lesson’s story. Please encourage your student to reread the story in preparation for the comprehension test!
- Click here for this lesson’s vocab words. (Students also have a printed copy)
- Click here for the link to this lesson’s spelling words (students must find their list, Lesson 17 Book list or Challenge list 17. They also have a printed copy)
- If you ever want extra copies of spelling/vocab lists please don’t hesitate to email me!
Things to Note…
- On Valentine’s Day, we will do a valentine exchange. I sent home a paper explaining my expectations and a class list. Please ensure that you student wishes to participate, please ensure they have a valentine for each student. We won’t be having a party.
- Students earned their next class reward — a movie and popcorn! If you would like to send in a bag of popcorn with your student to share with the class, I would greatly appreciate it! Please let me know! (Aliza.firstname.lastname@example.org)
Enjoy your weekend!