We have rescheduled our field trip to The North Museum for Wednesday, February 27th. We will keep your child’s lunch selection the same. Unfortunately, this will be the last time we will be able to reschedule and there is some winter weather in the forecast for Wednesday. Fingers crossed we will be able to go!
Just a reminder that tomorrow is Kids at Work Day! Students are encouraged to dress for a job they might want to have in the future.
Due to the two hour delay tomorrow, our field trip has once again been canceled. I have an email out to try to reschedule, however, the dates are/were limited.
This Thursday is the scheduled makeup date for our field trip to The North Museum. We will be using the same lunch orders that families handed in for the original date. There is some winter weather in the forecast for Wednesday. This will not affect the trip. Once again, if we have a weather-related delay on Thursday, we will not be going and will do our best to reschedule. Thanks for understanding.
Due to the weather forecast, the Kids Heart Challenge will be postponed until Thursday, February 28 from 3:30-5:00. This will be ONLY for students who raised money for the challenge.
Just a friendly reminder that labels are due one week from today (Mon, Feb 25). These labels help us raise money for our school in order to pay for Rita’s Night, Rollerskating Night, field trips, Fine Arts Day, playground equipment, and MORE!! Our numbers are seriously down from last year, so we are asking for your help. Please, please, please fill out as many labels as you can. The worst thing that can happen is the recipient simply throws the mailer away (and I have never known anyone to be offended by being asked to donate money to a school). I cannot stress enough how important those labels are to us as a school. In addition, our class has not yet reached our goal in order to earn our Camping Day. Students last year listed it as one of their favorite days of the year. In the words of The Temptations, I “ain’t too proud to beg” you to fill out the label sheet and return it to school by Monday, February 25.
Students WILL have a reading log this week. They will be responsible for reading tonight and tomorrow night. Logs will be due on Friday.
Due to the cancellations on Monday and Tuesday, we will postpone our spelling and vocab tests to Wednesday, February 20. We will have our comprehension test on Friday, February 22.
Please return library books to school tomorrow.
We will be heading to The North Museum on Thursday, February 21! At this point, I have not been informed of any additional paperwork that must be completed to accommodate this change. Your child’s lunch can remain the same as what you signed up for (either packer or cafeteria) unless you wish to change it. Now, we’re going to cross our fingers and toes that the weather cooperates next week.
Due to the two hour delay, our field trip for today has been canceled. I can promise, I’m probably just as disappointed as the kids. This means that no special arrangements need to be made for lunches. Students can order lunch as normal. (B lunch is new and reminds me of a Lunchable with ham, crackers, cheese, and a rice krispie treat.) I have an email in to The North Museum in an attempt to reschedule, but there are no guarantees at this point.