Impact of New Travel, Mask Orders on Penn Manor Students and Staff

The PA Health Department has updated its order mandating masks and restricting travel in Pennsylvania, which affects Penn Manor students and staff.

The order, which took effect Friday, November 20, requires that anyone leaving Pennsylvania obtain a negative COVID-19 test or quarantine for 14 days upon arrival back in the state. Anyone arriving in Pennsylvania from another state also must follow these protocols.

“While the school district has no enforcement authority, I encourage all Penn Manor families to comply with the Travel Mitigation Order issued by the Pennesylvania Secretary of Health,” said Mike Leichleiter, Penn Manor superintendent. 

“If families need to quarantine their children as a result of travel, please contact your child’s building principal or school nurse so that accommodations for school work can be made.”

Here are details on the Travel Mitigation Order.

The mask order stipulates that masks or other face coverings must be worn by all students and staff at all times indoors, regardless of whether social distancing is being practiced. The order also requires that masks be worn outdoors if social distancing is not in place. 

“Mask breaks” of no longer than 10 minutes are permitted while individuals are at least six feet apart.

Here are FAQs on the mask order. Please see this helpful guide from the CDC on the appropriate use of masks.

ImIn light of the recent significant spread of the coronavirus in our community and across the United States, we urge our parents, students and staff to comply with these orders. 

This entry was posted in Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.