WOW! What an AMAZING first day of 1st grade! I have such a special group of kids- I am SO looking forward to getting to know them more! I feel like the luckiest teacher! 🙂
A few fun things we did today! …
- Drew a picture of something fun we did over the summer (got to share this with some friends)
- Morning meeting (greeting one another, calendar, days of school, the weather, counting, and reviewed letters and sounds)
- Went on a tour of the school
- ATE LUNCH IN THE CAFETERIA… WAHOO! Full day!
- I read “The Principal’s New Clothes” – what a funny, funny story! Ask your kiddo about it! 🙂
- Reviewed our jobs… each child has a VERY important responsibility 🙂
- Drew a self portrait- what FANTASTIC artists we have in here! We will draw a portrait on the last day of 1st grade as well and get to see the differences and similarities 🙂
- Went outside for some RECESS
- Played Simon Says – I have some GREAT listeners!
- Did some ice breakers to get to know each other
- Had an assembly introducing the 7 HABITS (they are on the back of the blue folders)
- Had a little bit of Music Class!
WOW! Such a fun-filled day! I sent home a BLUE folder with each child. There is a “Return to School” side and “Keep at Home” side. This folder will go home with the kiddos every day and brought back to school EVERY DAY. Please look over each paper and return the papers in the “Return to School” side. Thanks! Also… Thank you SO much for all of the donations! I appreciate you all so much and am SO looking forward to meeting you! Have a wonderful rest of the week!
If you ever need me, my number is (717) 872-9503 ext. 3709.
You can also email me at Jourdan.Brill@pennmanor.net