- Friday – quiz in robust vocabulary and spelling, main idea and supporting detail unit test Friday.
- Book orders due Friday – ordering on line is the best way to go and you just have to email me and let me know you did this. I’ll release the orders.
- Heart Challenge money due – 12/3 (formally Jump Rope for Heart)
- Martic Holiday Happenings – 12/7 5-8 pm
- Long division practice –
- Basic math facts practice – testing out of 7s Friday and on to the 8s by the end of December.
- We are still working on our 40 books challenge list for the year. Keep reading!
Thank you to everyone that sent in pictures from your Thanksgiving weekend. They were great to savor and share with the class.
Reminders – No school November 22nd through 26th. There is an early dismissal on November 21st.
No spelling list for this week due to it being a 3 day week. We will continue our spelling lists right after the Thanksgiving break.
Just a reminder, Mr. Thompson and I switch for Science and Social Studies this report period. He is teaching Science to my class right now and then after December 7th I’ll be teaching Social Studies to our class. You will only see Science grades in Sapphire right now and then after December 7th you’ll begin to see Social Studies grades.
We are also switching for literature groups for the next two months, to further build our 4th grade friends strength in reading and comprehension. This begins tomorrow.
Help Needed – Thank you!
- Practicing math facts so your child can test out of all of them. A few minutes at night does make a difference.
- We are beginning to learn how to complete long division. Practicing the steps of it at home is important and will give them a boost.
Today through Friday are early dismissal days due to parent teacher conferences. I’m looking forward to meeting everyone. Thank you for coming!
Friday – Robust vocabulary and comprehension quiz on lesson #26 in Storytown book. Focus skill is main idea and supporting details.
Book Fair – open through out the conferences but our class time to purchase books is tomorrow morning. Send money with your child if they are permitted to buy some books.
Help needed – on math facts in multiplication and in multiplying 2 digit by 2 digit. Also, if they are proficient with this than begin long division. We learn all of these skills the old fashion way. There is no new method to teaching it.
Content – Mr. Thompson and I are switching classes for content. My class is with Mr. Thompson each day for Science this report period until the middle of December while I have his class for Social Studies, and then we switch. I’ll teach my class Social Studies the last half of this report period. You will see science grades in Sapphire the first half of the report period and then Social Studies grades the second half of the report period.
Have a wonderful day!