About the Summer Youth Programs:
The Summer Youth Programs are sponsored by the PA Writing & Literature Project (PAWLP), West Chester University (WCU), select area school districts, and several private locations.
The goals of the program are:
• to inspire students to love writing and reading
• to introduce students to the tools they need to become better writers
• to encourage students to collect writing ideas in their notebooks
• to stretch students’ capabilities in writing and reading
• to help students learn to read like writers
• to help students see themselves as writers with individual voices, unique
in their manner of expression
Classes are small, averaging 13 – 15 students. Students are grouped by age and
grade level, and our teachers are prepared to teach multi-age classes. All students
contribute self-selected writing to a literary anthology.
PAWLP, a National Writing Project site, is a professional network of teachers
who promote student achievement through quality instruction.
All directors, site coordinators, and teachers are Fellows of the
National Writing Project as well as experienced classroom teachers.
Click HERE for the brochure and registration form.