Today we launched our virtual newsroom, these are our morning announcements that will be posted on the blog every school day.
Hello Penn Manor families,
Penn Manor educators have developed continuity of education plans to help students continue learning from home while our schools are closed. Currently, schools are scheduled to reopen on April 9th, but that date may change depending on Governor Wolf’s orders.
We plan to roll out these learning activities, by grade level and subject, beginning at noon on Monday, March 30th. Please check the district website, www.pennmanor.net, for a link to these student resources.
These are optional, ungraded learning activities that students can complete from home. The learning resources have been developed to meet a variety of students’ needs and may not be the same across our school district.
Beginning Monday, March 30th, teachers will also be accessible to students and parents and will respond to any questions about the learning activities in a timely manner. Please check www.pennmanor.net on Monday.
We strongly encourage you to obtain a Sapphire account to review student grades, attendance, etc. especially in these times of uncertainty. We will be distributing our third marking period report cards for grades 1-6 through the parent portal. Simply click here and follow the directions to obtain this account.
If you have previously obtained a Sapphire account, there is NO NEED to submit the documentation again. Your username, password and pin # are all still valid.
We are looking forward to returning back to some sense of “normalcy” and offer some online resources. To be honest, at this time we do not know what this will look like. The district’s teachers will be receiving training the remainder of this week and we will be figuring all of this out.
The one thing we need to know right now is whether or not you have internet access. If you can email me it would be greatly appreciated.
Please know that this venture is new for all of us. There are so many uncertainties. We appreciate your grace and patience in advance!!
In this time of uncertainty, it’s clear that Penn Manor has an amazing community. Let’s show our PM pride by wearing blue and gold or other Penn Manor attire on Wednesday, March 25. Share your photos with the #PMProud tagline via Twitter, Facebook, or any social media account.
Penn Manor schools are closed through March 27 in the wake of the COVID-19 outbreak. It is unclear whether that status will change or when we may be able to resume normal operations. As we all deal with this unprecedented challenge, we want to share some important information with parents:
- The education of children is on hold as we consider options moving forward under the direction of the Pennsylvania Department of Education.
- We have decided not to pursue online learning for our students at this time. We would not be able to fulfill our legal and ethical obligation to serve every student appropriately via this means, and many of our students lack access to the internet at home.
- March 13 is now officially the end of the third marking period. Students’ grades will reflect assignments and assessments completed through that date.
- We are working to establish a system to provide breakfasts and lunches to families with children who qualify for free- or reduced-price meals, beginning Wednesday, March 18. More details will be released as they become available.
- All buildings are undergoing a deep cleaning, including all carpeting, fabric surfaces and touch points.
- Essential school district personnel, with minimal exceptions, will begin working from home Wednesday.
- Buildings will be open to teachers and the public by appointment only beginning Wednesday, March 18. Visitors should call the school office to arrange a visit.
Thursday, March 5 – – Cozy Up with a Good Book Day – Wear PJs and bring your favorite book to school
Friday, March 6 – Spring Picture Day
Tuesday, March 17 – Wear Green
Wednesday, March 25- Spring Spirit Day – Wear your favorite PM gear