|Here is the Welcome to 4-Groff Newsletter that you will be seeing|
in your mail…
Have you had a great summer? I sure hope so! I have had a busy summer with my family. Let me introduce them to you. My husband Matt is a Firefighter/EMT for the Fairfax County Fire & Rescue Dept. in Virginia. We have two sons, Collin (serving in the United States Marine Corps) and Harrison (in college), and two dogs named Will and Chael. We live in Millersville and both my husband and I graduated from Penn Manor High School and Millersville University. This will be my 28th year teaching at Hambright.
Are you ready for a super school year in our BEAUTIFUL building? We are all still so excited to be in our building! Fourth grade is a year full of fun and exciting activities! This is a very important year because you are making the transition from a primary student to an intermediate student. Your school responsibilities will grow, as well as your knowledge! Be ready to have a great year! See you soon!
Mrs. Kelley Groff
Mrs. Groff’s 4th Grade Schedule
Day A- Applied Engineering/Library Instr.
Day B- Art
Day C- Phys. Ed.
Day D- Music
*Please note that we follow a 4 day cycle. We call these days A, B, C, and D. Our book exchange dates will be announced throughout the school year.
Have you done your school shopping yet? Please know that our classroom supplies may be limited this year. If you would like to have your own supplies, here is a list of frequently used items in our classroom:
* a pencil pouch/bag (not a pencil box)
* a Homework Folder
* earbuds for our laptops
* pencils and pens (a few)
* glue stick, scissors, a ruler, dry erase marker, small whiteboard for your desk
* crayons, colored pencils, a pencil sharpener
* Please note: NO 3 ring binders this year! Students will be provided with laptops, and we simply do NOT have the room for them in our desks. You may bring folders if you like. Also, please remember to write your name on anything that you are able to. Thanks!
*Donations needed: tissues, hand sanitizer, disinfecting wipes, bags of snacks, school supplies…THANKS!
If you would like to contact me with any questions, concerns, or comments…
- My email address (this is the easiest & fastest way to contact me): email@example.com
- Send in a note
- Call Hambright @ 872-9503 ext 3726
Students, I look forward to seeing you on Wednesday, August 21st! Look for signs for our 4th grade wing. I will be standing outside our room to greet you~ our room is at the very end of the hallway, on the left. Don’t forget to bring your smile and positive attitude!