News and Reminders
- Today, we started Ice Cream Math, which is a fun way to help the students memorize their multiplication facts. This program focuses specifically on the retention of learned multiplication facts, as well as improving the speed of answering such facts. Students will be working towards earning an ice cream party, as they pass new levels of their times tables. Each new level will ensure that they have earned a new “part” of their ice cream party. For example, one level may be geared towards earning a bowl, while other levels ensure that they get whipped cream, sprinkles, etc. Practicing basic facts at home with students will greatly impact how quickly they get through the program.
- Our next Book Exchange is tomorrow. Please remind your child to bring their books to school.
- Tomorrow is also Wishful Wednesday. Students are invited to participate by wearing a Hawaiian shirt or vacation gear.
- Complete the grammar paper.
- Finish Ice Cream Math worksheet.
- Spelling Test for Lesson 14 on Thursday, January 20.
- January 13: Penn Manor Pride Day (wear Penn Manor or Martic attire)
- January 14: Give Your Tootsies a Break Day (wear slippers)
- January 17: Martin Luther King Jr. Day; NO SCHOOL
- January 18: Hat Day (wear a hat)
- January 19: Workout Wednesday (wear exercise gear)
- January 20: End of Marking Period 2
- January 21: In-Service Day; NO SCHOOL
- January 24: PTO Castle Roller Skating Event @ 5:30 PM
- January 25: Tartan Tuesday (wear plaid or flannel)
- January 26: Wild Wednesday (wear tie-dye or neon colors)
- January 27: Camo for Kids Day (wear camo)
- January 28: Early Dismissal @ 1:30 PM
- January 28: Radical Rainbow Day (Third grade wears yellow.)