- Friday is Friendship Fruit Salad Day! Students have read the folktale Stone Soup. We have discussed how to find the central message of a story. A central message is the moral or life lesson the author wants the reader to learn. In this story, monks visit a village that has been through hard times and teach the villagers how to make soup from stones. The villagers learn that sharing with one another creates more for all, leading to the moral that sharing makes everyone richer. As a culminating activity, we’d like to make a friendship fruit salad. Please consider sending one piece of fruit (i.e. one banana, one small bunch of grapes, one apple, etc.) to school with your child on December 22. The students will help cut up the fruits and combine them to create a fruit salad to model the lesson that sharing makes everyone richer.
- We are doing a Pen Pal Project with 3rd grade students from Letort Elementary. We wrote letters to them, and today we received their letters to us. It was very exciting to open their letters and learn more about our pen pal friends! Your child may bring their letter(s) [some students have 2 pen pals] home to share with you. Please remind them to bring their letter(s) back to school since we will be writing back to our pen pals soon.
Spirit Week This Week
- Wednesday: Winter White Out
- Thursday: Penn Manor Pride Day
- Friday: Wear winter/holiday sweatshirt, sweater, or t-shirt.
- Study Lesson 14 Spelling Words
- Ice Cream Math (Practice Multiplication Times Tables)
- December 23: Early Dismissal @ 1:30 p.m.
- December 24, 2022 – January 3, 2023: Holiday Break – No School
- January 16: No School for Martin Luther King, Jr. Day
- January 20: K-12 Inservice; No School
- January 27: Early Dismissal @ 1:30 p.m.