We are in full-swing now with September off to a great start and our first full week off to a strong start, as well.
Today, students worked on the ELA CDT tests. CDT stands for classroom diagnostic tests. These tests are extremely helpful to teachers and administration to use throughout the year to help better understand the concepts students have mastered and where they have areas that need more focus and work. Students will take the Math CDT tests next Monday to wrap up the beginning of the year testing.
We have completed our first spelling lesson and are currently working with lesson 2. The test will be Friday, 9/13. We have started our 13 colonies unit in social studies, as well. I have included a link for students to use to study for the upcoming 13 colonies map quiz (this Thursday) on our Google Classroom for Social Studies. Have fun!
Fifth grade is also working to complete chapter 1 in math, this week. We will begin testing place value on Wednesday with a review day Tuesday.
We will embark on our second story in ELA this week. We will assess the robust vocabulary for lesson 1, on Tuesday. We have our planners to help us stay organized and are working hard in all areas this year.
- Scholastic book orders are due Wednesday, 9/11.
- Race For Education will take place on October 4th at CM. Have you sent out your letters, yet?
- Students will be checking mailboxes at school every Monday (at least). Please do your best to empty out the red folders each week to help each student stay on top of work on keep organized.
Mark your calendars:
- Wednesday, September 11th- Scholastic Book Orders due!!!
- Tues., September 24th- CM Picture Day:)
- Fri., September 27th- Early 1:30 Dismissal
- Friday, October 4th- Race for Education
- Friday, October 11th- District-wide Pink-Out Day!
- Monday, October 14th- No School (Columbus Day)