As this situation continues to be navigated by everyone, Penn Manor School District has updated family, teachers, and staff on how they will be moving forward. Please see post below. You may also visit the district website for any further upates as they become available, at: https://www.pennmanor.net/
Post from PMSD:
Penn Manor schools are closed through March 27 in the wake of the COVID-19 outbreak. It is unclear whether that status will change or when we may be able to resume normal operations. As we all deal with this unprecedented challenge, we want to share some important information with parents:
- The education of children is on hold as we consider options moving forward under the direction of the Pennsylvania Department of Education.
- We have decided not to pursue online learning for our students at this time. We would not be able to fulfill our legal and ethical obligation to serve every student appropriately via this means, and many of our students lack access to the internet at home.
- March 13 is now officially the end of the third marking period. Students’ grades will reflect assignments and assessments completed through that date.
- We are working to establish a system to provide breakfasts and lunches to families with children who qualify for free- or reduced-price meals, beginning Wednesday, March 18. More details will be released as they become available.
- All buildings are undergoing a deep cleaning, including all carpeting, fabric surfaces and touch points.
- Essential school district personnel, with minimal exceptions, will begin working from home Wednesday.
- Buildings will be open to teachers and the public by appointment only beginning Wednesday, March 18. Visitors should call the school office to arrange a visit.
Stay well, everyone!
Please don’t hesitate to reach out if you have any questions or just want to say hi! I’d love to hear from you. Get out and explore nature, take a walk, read a good book, try to learn something new and take advantage of this time with your families! We will have so much to talk about and write about when we return to school! 🙂