I must tell you all, it did my heart so much good to see and hear your voices this afternoon. I’ve really missed you all and so it was a wonderful meeting that really made me smile, today! Thank you so much for your cooperation, willingness to join and participate, and patience with me to get you all that information. You all did a wonderful job and I can tell you all really understood how to make our Google Meeting a successful one! I’m already looking forward to next week.
The fifth grade teachers were able to have a productive meeting this afternoon and decided on a couple of things…
- Office Hours for all 4 of the 5th grade teachers will be held daily from 1:30-2:30 in the afternoon. Please let us know if you have questions but can’t make these times work for extra support.
- Remote Learning assignments for this week- I will keep the ELA assignments in the google classrooms (remember 1 is in our ELA google classroom and 1 is in the Writing google classroom). I’m testing this approach out for the upcoming weeks as the other teachers have not moved their assignments over to google classrooms and didn’t inform students to look there for the week of 4/13-4/17. So… you may complete the ELA remote learning activities for the upcoming week in google classroom. All other assignments for the other subjects (math, social studies, and science) should be accessed from the remote learning website and submitted to the appropriate teacher. (Math– fill in your math teacher’s name on the forms this week, SS– share with me, Science– share with Mr. Birch).
- Remember, Friday, 4/10, is a scheduled holiday. The CM teachers will not be working (or answering emails- quite a frequently) as they have been throughout the week. We will be back and ready on Monday. Enjoy this long weekend with your families and Happy Easter!
- Next week, we will set up a Google Meet for Thursday at 1:00. I will be sending out an invite shortly. Please be sure to check your email for it, soon!
- Finally, remember my challenge for you this week is to try to log into your school email account if you have not already done so. It is a gmail account so if you log into Google, click on the Gmail link at the top and type in your student email@example.com, you should be able to log in. You may also access it by going to the Penn Manor Homepage, clicking on district email at the top, and typing in your student firstname.lastname@example.org. Let me know if you are having any trouble but please do a little exploring in there this week!
- If you have interest in connecting with a classmate or friend but don’t have their contact information or aren’t sure how to go about this, please reach out to me. I’d be happy to help get you and someone else connected during this time, whether online or to begin writing a new pen pal. It is super important we stay connected at this time!
Have a great weekend, 5L! I will see you next week:) Stay WELL, stay KIND, stay YOU!
The new assignments seem to have been posted for the remote learning a bit early. Please remember, these assignments are to be completed the week of 4/13-4/17. Some students may still be finishing up with the phase 1 assignments- this is absolutely OK! I wanted to eliminate any confusion this may cause. The new assignments are for phase 2 and are to be completed from 4/13-4/17. I hope this helps with confusion.
I can’t wait to see your smiling faces at 2:00!
Mrs. O’Donnell was kind enough to put together a Power Point to help us prepare and be ready for our first Google Meet on Thursday. Please be sure to pop over into Google Classroom in Team Loreto to view the presentation. When you’ve finished, please comment “got it” in Team Loreto Google Classroom.
I’m also including the link here, for your families to check out.
Looking forward to Thursday at 2:00!
So, I’ve created a Google Meet that we can give a whirl, just to give us all a chance to say hello AND for us to personally share 1 new experience we’ve had since we last saw one another. I’d love for as many of you as possible to join in. There is one small detail that you must pay close attention to… you must have permission by a parent, and please be sure to let them know when you are logging on. They should be somewhere close by, if at all possible.
The other details are below:
*When- Thursday, April 9th
*What- We will be saying a quick hello to one another and then we will share one new experience we’ve had since we were last together.
*How- Simply click on the link above or you can email me if you plan to attend. I will send you the link to save into your google calendar (attached to your email) and you will be able to click on the link in the calendar invite that I will send you.
It is simple and I hope you all can join! I can’t wait to see you on Thursday! Please let me know if you plan to join in!
Hello Penn Manor community,
Penn Manor School District has introduced a comprehensive Continuity of Education plan, which is available for viewing here on the district’s remote learning website.
The plan explains in detail how teachers will provide learning activities for all students to access by grade level or subject area. The current level of activities will continue through April 9, and the school district will begin transitioning to more robust learning activities the week of April 13.
Beginning April 20, all teachers will move from reinforcement and review of material previously taught to the introduction of new material.
Teachers will keep track of student participation and reach out to encourage all students to participate. Learning activities will not be graded, but student participation is expected.
Given the current unprecedented circumstances, Penn Manor has tried to be intentional about transitioning to online learning and its impact on our students, families, and staff. We want to be mindful of the stressors brought on by the COVID-19 pandemic and the increased demands on parents working from home.
Throughout this process, we will continue to evaluate our Continuity of Education plan and make adjustments, as needed.
Thank you for your support in these challenging times, and please stay safe!
– Penn Manor School District
Good morning, 5th grade!
Here we go into a brand new week. As the week gets under way, don’t forget to be visiting the district link to complete the assignments the 5th grade teachers have posted for you. Brand new content will be ready for you next Monday with some updates on your obligations, as well.
I’ve included a quick link for you to get to the remote learning site, more efficiently.
The Central Manor 5th grade teachers have also created a small challenge for you! Check out the link below to check out and accept the challenge! I have also put the challenge into my Team Loreto Google Classroom. You can post your response there as well. Have some fun!
CM 5th Grade Challenge
Lastly, don’t forget to pop over to Sapphire and check out your 3rd marking period report card. Remember, they will not be mailed this marking period but have been posted in Sapphire for you to access. If you have not opened your Sapphire account yet, please see my last blog post and follow the directions to do so.
Have a great Monday!
When should I see the 3rd marking period report card?
Reports were available April 3. This marking period students will receive their report cards through Sapphire. If you don’t have an account here are some easy directions to follow. If you have one and forgot your password, there are instructions below.
Sapphire Parent Portal directions
Go to district site www.pennmanor.net
Hover over Parent tab and select (click) on Sapphire Portal Information/Help https://www.pennmanor.net/parents/sapphirehelp/
Click on Community Portal Application
Follow directions and watch for an email from the Sapphire Administrator to confirm and log in.
If you forgot your password, please call the office number and leave a message for Megan. She will get back to you. 717.872.1401 x3200 or press 0
Thursday’s Spirit Week theme is Comet Crazy Kindness. Share a kind message and photos that promote kindness. You can create a message on your driveway, front lawn or anywhere that strikes your fancy! If you have an Aevidum, T-shirt, please wear it in support of the group’s motto: “I’ve got your back”! Use the #PMProud hashtag.
Remember- “ALWAYS choose kind!”
There is a new tab at the top of the Central Manor blog! If you hover over the COVID-19 & Online Learning tab, you will have the choice to go to the district website with COVID-19 updates, the remote learning page, or the brand new teacher read aloud page!
Many teachers took the time to record themselves reading picture books. Cozy up with a blanket and enjoy! You may even find a read aloud from a favorite past teacher to bring back memories while we are away! Keep checking back as this will be updated often. Happy reading!!
Hello Penn Manor families,
Penn Manor educators have developed continuity of education plans to help students continue learning from home while our schools are closed.
Here is a link to the resources.
These are optional, ungraded learning activities that students can complete from home. The resources have been developed to meet a variety of students’ needs and may not be the same across our school district.
Teachers will also be accessible to students and parents and will respond to any questions about the learning activities in a timely manner.
Currently, schools are scheduled to reopen on April 9th, but that date may change depending on Governor Wolf’s orders.
Thank you for your support of your child’s education in this challenging time.
– Penn Manor School District