- read for pleasure
- Lesson 29 (sight words, r-controlled vowel words, academic vocabulary)–test Friday and worksheet due by Friday.
- DLR 22-Monday
- The dress rehearsal for the Wax Museum will be Tuesday, May 14. The students will dress in their costumes and present their speeches to the class—they will be graded (speech presentation, costume/props, and written speech).Memorizing a speech takes time and practice. We will start to memorize our Wax Museum speeches this week. At school the students will be taught the fine art of speech memorization—starting small and adding a little at a time. Students will practice with partners at school, but MUST also practice at home. To create a costume, items borrowed or found around the house can be used. Good Will at Kendig Square is also a good resource if need be. Wax Museum event will be held May 17 with two showings: 10:30-11:00 and 2:00-2:30.
- Five U.S. regions quiz –use study guide map (4-O Friday; 4-G Monday)
- WWE (weekly work envelope) and blue report must be signed and returned by Friday.
- This coming Monday, there will be a Penn Manor field trip permission paper. It is due by Friday, May 10.
- Student field trip money ($6) was due today. Not all students have submitted their money—please send in by Monday. Chaperones please send in your money as well ($14) Thank you:)
- Wax Museum–Friday, May 17 (showings: 10:30-11:00 am & 2:00-2:30 pm)
- Recess Running Club (Tuesday and Thursday)–ends May 7
- Music lessons with Miss Almoney–Monday, May 6
- Book return–May 14
- Olympic Day, May 9-students are to wear sneakers (no cleats). PTO will have water for students, so no water bottles are needed.