- read for pleasure
- Lesson 30 (sight words, r-controlled vowel words, academic vocabulary)–test Friday and worksheet due by Friday.
- DLR 22-Monday
- This week I am conferencing with students concerning their Wax Museum pose, costume, and props. Students should have memorized by now their Catchy Beginning, Childhood, and Adult Years and working on adding Older Years and Wrap-up. The speech in its entirety should be memorized by Friday.
- The dress rehearsal for the Wax Museum will be Tuesday, May 14. The students will dress in their costumes and present their speeches to the class—they will be graded (speech presentation, costume/props, and written speech). Memorizing a speech takes time and practice. We will start to memorize our Wax Museum speeches this week. At school the students will be taught the fine art of speech memorization—starting small and adding a little at a time. Students will practice with partners at school, but MUST also practice at home. To create a costume, items borrowed or found around the house can be used. Good Will at Kendig Square is also a good resource if need be. Wax Museum event will be held May 17 with two showings: 10:30-11:00 and 2:00-2:30.
- Students received a U.S. study guide (4-O today; 4-G tomorrow); quiz (4-O Monday, 4-G Tuesday)
- WWE (weekly work envelope) and blue report must be signed and returned by Friday.
- Early Dismissal–Friday (1:30 pm)
- 4th grade Harvest Day is Friday, May 31 from 2:00-3:00pm. If you would like to volunteer go to the following website to sign up:
- There is a Penn Manor field trip permission paper in today’s WWE. Please complete and return by Friday, May 10.
- Not all students have submitted their money—please send in ASAP. Chaperones please send in your money as well ($14) Thank you:)
- Wax Museum–Friday, May 17 (showings: 10:30-11:00 am & 2:00-2:30 pm)
- Music lessons with Miss Almoney–Thursday, May 16
- Book return–May 14
- Olympic Day, May 9-students are to wear sneakers (no cleats). PTO will have water for students, so no water bottles are needed.