- Just a reminder our regular Google Meet this Wednesday at 11 a.m. can be accessed through social studies Google Classroom 🙂
- At least three 4-G classroom books are missing because we have paper jackets, but not the books. Please let Mrs. Graham know if you borrowed the fantasy Tristan Strong Punches a Hole in the Sky by Rick Riordan, the realistic fiction book Clean Getaway by Nic Stone, or the poetry book Falling Up by Shel Silverstein.
- Check out the teacher’s PROUD video: https://youtu.be/Y4cx1CQ9z_8
- PLEASE CHECK YOUR BACKPACK AND HOME FOR ANY CLASSROOM OR LIBRARY BOOKS YOU HAVE. Books can be dropped off at the school on Tuesdays and Thursdays from 8:00 am to 2:00 pm. For classroom books, please paperclip or rubberband a note to the front saying “for 4-O or 4-G Classroom.” There will be a box outside the main entrance to place the books in. If you have tokens, put them in a Ziplock baggie and write “for 4-O” on the front and place in the box. Thank you! 🙂
- If you are in need of a relaxing moment or two, check this out: Jellyfish Aquarium • 3 HOURS
- This week’s online learning assignments are posted in our Google Classroom under May 11-15. Please ONLY access the assignments from our Google Classroom; not the district remote learning site. You have until Sunday evening to complete THIS week’s assignments.
- Students will be able to type or draw right on the documents in Google Classroom, then just return them to your teacher. This is a helpful video to explain that process: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N9rWfgFVAEg
- If not able to use Google Classroom, students can submit assignments in the ways that have been working for them.
- How to take a photo of your schoolwork: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1R4MgpaPKUthzQqZLy8-0WoedWCRpIGTQ/view?usp=sharing
- How to upload a photo to Google Classroom: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1cDNbWdlmhn1-RC7fZCTGBb2VlxpQjTSX/view?usp=sharing
- Parents & students may check on Sapphire to see if assignments have been submitted and received by her/his teacher–a capital R will appear in the assignment window.
Mrs. Graham and I are providing Google Meet times during office hours Monday through Thursday so students and parents can talk to us directly if they have questions about assignments or need instruction. The Meet link for Mrs. Graham will be at the top of Google Classroom Science and for Mrs. Ochs at the top of Google Classroom Social Studies. The links will only appear at the times indicated below:
- Mrs. Ochs’s Google Meet M-TH 2:00-2:15 for any math, social studies, 4-0 writing questions or instruction needed.
- Mrs. Graham’s Google Meet M-Th 2:15-2:30 for any reading, science, or 4-G writing questions or instruction needed.
- Mrs. Graham’s Google Meet Book Share Tuesday & Thursday 2:30-2:40 to share books you’re reading or have finished.
- Wednesday 4th Grade Google Meet 11:00-11:30 so we can see and talk to each other. This link will be listed on the blog that morning.
A reminder that students and parents can open a tech ticket by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. Additional support resources are on the Tech Tips section of the Remote Learning Opportunities website.
Our daily office hours will be Monday through Thursday from 2:00 p.m. to 3:00 p.m. This hour is reserved exclusively for our students’ and parents’ questions or concerns. Please email us at: email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org. However, you can email us at any time, and we will respond as soon as we are available. Our availability during the rest of the school day and Friday fluctuates due to meetings, lesson preparations, reviewing work, etc.