- Monday, May 25, Memorial Day (no school)
- Tuesday, May 26–next week’s assignments will be posted in Google Classroom
- Tuesday, May 26–student belongings pick-up-see details below (Mrs. Graham and I will be at the school from 4 p.m.-5 p.m.)
- Wednesday, May 27–Meet the 5th-grade teachers at the beginning of our weekly Google Meet starting at 11 a.m. (access on social studies Google Classroom) 🙂
Mrs. Baker posted this on the Conestoga blog: We would like to invite all of our families to enjoy a drive-thru visit to Conestoga to pick up your child’s belongings on Tuesday, May 26th. This will include yearbooks if your child ordered one. Students in grades K-2 may pick up their belongings between 1:30-3:30 and grades 3-6 may pick up their belongings from 3:30 to 6:30. We realize that many of our families have multiple students at our school and will need to pick up all their belongings at one time. Please email Mrs. Ragland or your classroom teacher with the names of the children and when you think you will be able to do a pick-up, and we will group belongings together. If the grade level time does not suit and you need to come at a different time, just let us know. Please realize that we need to organize this event so that we can get everything to everyone without creating a traffic jam. Please also use this time if you need to return items to your teachers or the school. As long as you are staying in the district your child may keep the school computer. If you are moving out of the district please return it on the 26th.
Here are some safety guidelines for our drive through pick up.
*Follow all traffic patterns and/or traffic cones. *Please stay inside your car and a staff member will hand you the bags. *We ask that the person lowering the car window to receive the bags be wearing a mask, as our staff will be wearing masks too. *Depending on the traffic behind you at the time, please be mindful that conversations will need to be brief. *Remember that we are smiling behind our masks. *Mrs. Ochs and Mrs. Graham will be two of the teachers handing out belongings from 4:00-5:00 if it works for you to come at that time. 🙂 If it does, we would love to see you! You may also return school books and tokens at that time.
- At least three 4-G classroom books are missing because we have paper jackets, but not the books. Please let Mrs. Graham know if you borrowed the fantasy Tristan Strong Punches a Hole in the Sky by Rick Riordan, the realistic fiction book Clean Getaway by Nic Stone, or the poetry book Falling Up by Shel Silverstein.
- Check out the teacher’s PROUD video: https://youtu.be/Y4cx1CQ9z_8
- If you are in need of a relaxing moment or two, check this out: Jellyfish Aquarium • 3 HOURS
- This week’s online learning assignments are posted in our Google Classroom under May 11-15. Please ONLY access the assignments from our Google Classroom; not the district remote learning site. You have until Sunday evening to complete THIS week’s assignments.
- Students will be able to type or draw right on the documents in Google Classroom, then just return them to your teacher. This is a helpful video to explain that process: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N9rWfgFVAEg
- If not able to use Google Classroom, students can submit assignments in the ways that have been working for them.
- How to take a photo of your schoolwork: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1R4MgpaPKUthzQqZLy8-0WoedWCRpIGTQ/view?usp=sharing
- How to upload a photo to Google Classroom: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1cDNbWdlmhn1-RC7fZCTGBb2VlxpQjTSX/view?usp=sharing
- Parents & students may check on Sapphire to see if assignments have been submitted and received by her/his teacher–a capital R will appear in the assignment window.
Mrs. Graham and I are providing Google Meet times during office hours Monday through Thursday so students and parents can talk to us directly if they have questions about assignments or need instruction. The Meet link for Mrs. Graham will be at the top of Google Classroom Science and for Mrs. Ochs at the top of Google Classroom Social Studies. The links will only appear at the times indicated below:
- Mrs. Ochs’s Google Meet M-TH 2:00-2:15 for any math, social studies, 4-0 writing questions or instruction needed.
- Mrs. Graham’s Google Meet M-Th 2:15-2:30 for any reading, science, or 4-G writing questions or instruction needed.
- Mrs. Graham’s Google Meet Book Share Tuesday & Thursday 2:30-2:40 to share books you’re reading or have finished.
- Wednesday 4th Grade Google Meet 11:00-11:30 so we can see and talk to each other. This link will be listed on the blog that morning.
A reminder that students and parents can open a tech ticket by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. Additional support resources are on the Tech Tips section of the Remote Learning Opportunities website.
Our daily office hours will be Monday through Thursday from 2:00 p.m. to 3:00 p.m. This hour is reserved exclusively for our students’ and parents’ questions or concerns. Please email us at: email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org. However, you can email us at any time, and we will respond as soon as we are available. Our availability during the rest of the school day and Friday fluctuates due to meetings, lesson preparations, reviewing work, etc.