Just a few reminders for next week’s concert:
- Student arrival time is 6:15pm
- Report to the band room
- Attire – All black (dress pants, dress shirt, tie, dresses, skirts, shoes) ~ accents of red and green are welcome!
- Students are expected to remain until the end of the concert, regardless of their performance time
The music department will perform a modified concert for the high school student body in the morning on Friday, Dec. 21 (early dismissal day). Please be prepared with instruments and music next Friday!
As we enter our final week of rehearsals leading up to championships there is still so much we need to accomplish! We will start rehearsal at 6pm this week, and being punctual to everything will help us achieve being the best group we can be in this final push.
What is the band member’s role in this process? You should strive at all remaining rehearsals to “Be Your Best” of course, but what does this mean? Here are a few ideas:
–Be prepared— The will to succeed is important, but what’s more important is the will to prepare! Within the available time, come to each rehearsal improved. Please focus your practice time on your most challenging parts of the show.
–Be aware of your performance and everything around you while at rehearsal—visually and musically.
– Try to improve one thing in every segment.
We have an opportunity this weekend to do some pretty incredible things, but we need everyone moving full steam ahead for this to happen!
CHAMPIONSHIP PERFORMANCE TIME – 12:15pm
Please take a moment to review the PMMU schedule as we near the end of the season. As of today, we will perform in the afternoon (not a late night show) for Championships, but the exact time will not be determined until next Monday evening.
- Thurs 11/1 – Rehearsal 6:30-9:00 (with Halloween dress up)
- Fri 11/2 – NIGHT OFF
- Sat 11/3 – Rehearsal 9:00-1:00
- Tues 11/6 – Rehearsal 6:00-9:00
- Wed 11/7 – JAZZ BAND volleyball game – 6:00
- Thurs 11/8 – Rehearsal 6:00
- Thurs 11/8 – Community Performance 8:00
- Fri 11/9 – Rehearsal TBA, potentially after school – 5:00, stay tuned
- Sat 11/10 – CHAMPIONSHIPS … performance time determined on 11/5
CHAMPIONSHIP ticket info: http://cavalcadeofbands.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/10/2018-Marching-Band-Championship-Ticket-Details.pdf
CHAMPIONSHIP general info: http://cavalcadeofbands.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/10/Hershey-Spectators-FINAL.pdf
Please review the Show Day document above and note that we will have an extended amount of time at the show after our performance. Students should plan to bring cash to purchase food for dinner or pack snacks. Be GREAT this week!
Please review the show day information for the next competition on Saturday, October 20th at Eastern York. Be GREAT this week!
Notes for the week can be found on the document. Have a GREAT week!
Notes for this week can be found here. Have a GREAT week!
Attached is the CV show day document with the complete schedule for the day. Be GREAT this week!
As the first competition approaches, please review this post on stage fright – both rookies and vets. It’s another way to help you be GREAT!