Please see the game-day document and/or watch the video for more information!
PMMU will only perform for HOME football games this season. Here is the updated schedule:
September 18 – Home vs. Warwick
October 9 – Home vs. Manheim Twp.
October 16 – Home vs. McCaskey
October 30 – Home vs. Solanco
The first fall season PMMU rehearsal will be Tuesday, September 1 from 6-8:30pm. The WINDS and GUARD will meet at the high school. PERCUSSION will meet at Manor MS.
The remaining fall rehearsals will be Tuesdays only from 6-9:00pm at high school – September 8 – October 27.
As the Penn Manor community continues to rally together during this unprecedented time, I’d like to give a few reminders as we move forward:
- My “office hours” will be each school day from 9:00-10:00am, starting April 7. During this hour, I will be close to my phone and laptop for student & parent questions or assistance. This is a time when Google Meet can be utilized for a virtual conference or meeting over a cup of coffee, or if you need to run a quick question by me.
- Our communication methods will continue to be email, Google Classroom, Google Meet, and the PMMU Facebook page (for marching band announcements/info).
- Students and parents can always request a time to meet/conference outside of the office hours. Just send a request with your available time and we can work together to make it happen.
Any students who need to retrieve their instruments from the high school should contact Mr. Johnson. An appointment will then be set up with students/parents and school admin to enter the building and retrieve the instrument(s). Please do not contact the HS office because the message may not be received.
Wind players, you will want to have your marching instrument at home so you can stay fresh with the exercises that will be shared in the very near future. Percussionists, if you need sticks or mallets, you can borrow some from the band room. Parents or students need to contact Mr. Johnson directly so instrument retrieval meetings can be set up. Thank you!
I’m sad to announce that PMMU will not be participating in the Baltimore St. Patrick parade on Sunday. However, considering the current state of the state of global concern, this should not come as a surprise. Student safety is always the district’s top priority, and the decision for PMMU not to perform is driven by keeping our students safe.
Parade rehearsal is cancelled for tonight, however the regular indoor rehearsal will continue as scheduled. Take the time tonight and Sunday to invest in personal practice and musical growth. Just because society around us slows and looks different at the current moment, doesn’t mean we need to stop reaching for excellence and pursing the greater good. Let’s take our unfortunate situation and rise above.
It’s MU homecoming weekend and time for the Millersville Parade! PMMU will be marching in section “B” for this year’s parade (sections span A-E). The parade kicks off at 9:00am and travels up Herr Ave, left on Landis Ave, left on George St. and finishes by the Student Memorial Center at Millersville University. Students will be walking back to PMHS after the parade to change out of uniforms and put equipment away. Here are some key times:
- Band Room Opens – 6:50am
- Arrival time at PMHS – 7:15am
- Breakfast served for students – 7:30am
- Uniforms on – 8:15am
- Move outside to parade staging location (along Circle Dr.) – 8:30am
- Parade begins – 9:00am
- Aprox. PMMU end time – 10:30am
- Aprox. pick-up time at PMHS- 11:15am
Parking – please do not park in the normal PMHS parking lot for marching band. Students and chaperones need to park under the parking deck or back by the old tennis courts.