We have 5 more days until the first day of school and I am SO excited! Please see below for some updates and information:
- Your child must wear a mask on the school bus. If your child is an afternoon student and will ride the bus home, please send them to school with a mask in their backpack so they can put it on before getting on the bus.
- I have sent Seesaw invitations to all families via email or text message. Seesaw is my main way of communication throughout the school year. Please accept the invite in order to receive information pertaining to our classroom all year.
Here are a few reminders of important dates:
Monday, August 30st- The First Day of School!: Please send your child to school with their school supplies. I can’t wait to see their smiling faces!
Wednesday, September 1st- Meet the Teacher Night: This is an open house drop-in format and a great opportunity for families who haven’t met me or seen our classroom yet to stop in. This is also another opportunity for families who have met me and seen the classroom to visit the school again. This event will be held from 4:00 PM to 6:00 PM. We will also be having a book fair in the cafeteria.
In order to minimize the number of people in the classrooms at one time, we are asking that parents visit the school anytime during their designated time period, as teachers will not be delivering formal presentations. Additionally, children are asked to stay home.
- Families with the last names A through M are asked to participate from 4:00-4:45 PM
- Families with the last names N through Z are asked to participate from 5:15-6:00 PM.
While in the building we ask that you follow these mitigation strategies:
- Please practice social distancing and respect other individuals’ preferences, including those of our teachers.
- Monitor your own health prior to attending the event. If you are experiencing any COVID-related symptoms, please do not attend.
Friday, September 10th- Wear your Kindergarten Crew Tee Shirt!: Please turn in your completed kindergarten portfolio by Thursday, September 9th. You can put this in your child’s home folder on the Return to School side. They will receive their home folder on the first day of school. Once the completed portfolio is turned in, your child will receive their own Kindergarten Crew Tee Shirt! If you do not have a portfolio, please click here to download the portfolio or stop in the office at Hambright to get one.