Letort teachers have been working very hard on a secret project that will be unveiled VERY soon! Be on the look-out and STAY TUNED!
|New post on Ann LeTort Elementary School|
|Spirit Day Tomorrow!by cmcphersonOur teachers and staff are crazy about helping students learn! We hope you’re crazy about learning, too, using our new online resources. Show your Comet Crazy pride Tuesday by posting a photo of yourself wearing crazy socks/hair/hats in your new learning space at home. #PMProud|
Dear Penn Manor Families,
Hello there! We hope that this message finds you all well! During this school closing period, not only will there be optional academic offerings, but continued support through our school counselors. The best way to reach us during this time out of school is via email. Subscribing to the school counseling blog is a great way to access additional activities and support. It can be accessed at http://blogs.pennmanor.net/k6counseling.
Also please know that county agencies are still available and a few are listed below.
- Lancaster County Crisis Intervention – (717) 394-2631
- Crisis Text Line: Text “PA” to 741741
- Wellspan Philhaven Access Center – (717) 273-8871
- Lancaster County Mental Health America – (717) 397-7461
- United Way of Lancaster County – 211
- Compass Mark Community (717) 299-2831
- Safe2Say 1-844-5-SAYNOW (1-844-572-9669)
During the school closing if necessary please utilize the following site for Mental Health and Community Resources Mental Health and Community Resources
As always, you have our continued support. We are here if you need us!
Penn Manor School Counselors
Kimberly Juba- Conestoga / Martic Elementary email@example.com
Samantha Strosser- Letort / Eshleman Elementary firstname.lastname@example.org
Nichole Hinkle- Hambright Elementary email@example.com
Michele Semple- Pequea Elementary firstname.lastname@example.org
Shannon Madara- Central Manor Elementary email@example.com
Penn Manor educators have developed continuity of education plans to help students continue learning from home while our schools are closed.
Here is a link to the resources. You can also access the learning activities by clicking the page in the upper right-hand corner (On-line Learning for Students).
These are optional, ungraded learning activities that students can complete from home. The resources have been developed to meet a variety of students’ needs and may not be the same across our school district.
Teachers will be accessible to students and parents and will respond to any questions about the learning activities in a timely manner.
Currently, schools are scheduled to reopen April 9, but that date may change depending on Governor Wolf’s orders.
Thank you for your support of your child’s education in this challenging time.
|Student learning resources to be available Monday, March 30 by cmcpherson|
Penn Manor educators have developed continuity of education plans to help students continue learning from home while our schools are closed. Currently, schools are scheduled to reopen April 9, but that date may change depending on Governor Wolf’s orders.We plan to roll out these learning activities, by grade level and subject, beginning at noon Monday, March 30. Please check back for a link to these resources.These are optional, ungraded learning activities that students can complete from home. The resources have been developed to meet a variety of students’ needs and may not be the same across our school district. Beginning Monday, March 30, teachers will be accessible to students and parents and will respond to any questions about the learning activities in a timely manner.Please check back on Monday. Thank you!
Yearbooks- Due to the extension of the state-wide school closure, we are extending the yearbook orders due date. We will now be accepting yearbook orders and money until Friday, April 17th. You can mail your order and money to…
I’ll be reaching out to each our my families beginning tomorrow to touch base. I plan to begin calls around 1:00. I’ll share information and try to answer questions. The caller ID may come up as caller unknown, but please know that it may be your friendly 2nd grade teacher:) Hope to speak to you soon. Missing each one of you ! Mrs. Winters
I hope that each of my second grade friends and their families are well. Here is our LeTort Song sung by our much loved music teacher. Stay healthy and enjoy this time with your family. Much love, Mrs. Winters
Penn Manor schools are closed through March 27 in the wake of the COVID-19 outbreak. It is unclear whether that status will change or when we may be able to resume normal operations. As we all deal with this unprecedented challenge, we want to share some important information with parents:
- The education of children is on hold as we consider options moving forward under the direction of the Pennsylvania Department of Education.
- We have decided not to pursue online learning for our students at this time. We would not be able to fulfill our legal and ethical obligation to serve every student appropriately via this means, and many of our students lack access to the internet at home.
- March 13 is now officially the end of the third marking period. Students’ grades will reflect assignments and assessments completed through that date.
- We are working to establish a system to provide breakfasts and lunches to families with children who qualify for free- or reduced-price meals, beginning Wednesday, March 18. More details will be released as they become available.
- All buildings are undergoing a deep cleaning, including all carpeting, fabric surfaces and touch points.
- Essential school district personnel, with minimal exceptions, will begin working from home Wednesday.
- Buildings will be open to teachers and the public by appointment only beginning Wednesday, March 18. Visitors should call 717-872-9530 and select extension 3030 to leave a message for Mrs. McPherson to schedule an appointment.