About Mrs. Harnish
- I’m proud and honored to be an educator. My mission is to empower students to be inquisitive learners and wonderers, brave leaders, and thoughtful citizens. This is my tenth year of teaching and my first year of teaching fourth grade!
- I earned my bachelor’s degree from Millersville University and my master’s degree in education from the University of Pennsylvania.
- I’m a National Geographic Certified Educator, National Geographic Grosvenor Teacher Fellow, Google Certified Educator (Level One), and Empatico Kindness Champion Fellow. I also volunteer for Church World Service as an ESL teacher to local refugees.
- I’ve studied in Europe and Asia, traveled to dozens of countries, and served as an environmental education volunteer in the Peace Corps in Haiti. I’m an adventurer and explorer, inside the classroom and out.
- I LOVE to be outside, and on any non-rainy day, you can find me working in my vegetable garden, running, hiking, or finding adventures to go on with my husband and twelve-year-old son. I also love to read. My current favorite book is When Stars are Scattered by Victoria Jamieson and Omar Mohamed.