About Mrs. Harnish
- I’m proud and honored to be an educator. My goal is to empower students to be inquisitive learners and wonderers, brave leaders, and thoughtful citizens. This is my eighth year of teaching, and my fifth year of teaching fifth grade.
- I earned my bachelor’s degree from Millersville University and my master’s degree in education from the University of Pennsylvania.
- I’ve studied in Europe and Asia, traveled to dozens of countries, and served as an environmental education volunteer in the Peace Corps in Haiti. I’m an adventurer and explorer, inside the classroom and out.
- I LOVE to be outside, and on any non-rainy day you can find me working in my vegetable garden, running, hiking, cross-country skiing, or finding adventures to go on with my husband and ten-year-old son.
- On rainy days, I love to read, knit, and learn more about the craft of teaching.