The wave!!!! Watch the teachers do our traditional wave as the buses leave on the last day of school- this year it’s a virtual wave! Click here to watch.
Also, I am reading aloud a book I always save for the last day of school- Oh, the Places You’ll Go! by Dr. Seuss. Click here to listen to the last story of the year.
I just had to put this picture in of Maya and her new dog…he is ADORABLE!!!!
This is a very different goodbye I will be saying to this class. I usually have fun games, prizes, and lots of hugs for everyone on the last day. I want you all to know how much I enjoyed teaching you this year and how very special you are. This year I have seen every single one of you grow with your learning and with your maturity.
- You now can read with great stamina for up to 30 minutes! (Remember when we stopped after only 5 minutes.) You also know many different genres and know which style you enjoy the most.
- You now can add and subtract triple digit numbers, tell time on an analog clock, and solve two step word problems! (Remember when we only used single digit numbers to add and subtract.)
- You now can write paragraphs, use bigger words, and use a creative hook with a good ending . (Remember when you only wrote 1 or 2 sentences and our last project was the diary of an animal with many pages!)
- You now understand how the Native Americans lived and what they used in nature to survive. You know about the sun’s energy and how it powers most of what we need. You know many of our national symbols and what they mean to our country. You know how matter can change form and why it does that. You know the sun is the center of our solar system and we have 8 planets that revolve around the sun.
- You know how to be kind, caring, helpful, patient, understanding, and to be fair.
I am so proud of this class and you have taught me so much this year too. This was one of the best classes I have taught in the past 20 years because we all got along so well together. I will miss having fun with you and getting silly together. Please come back to see me when we are in the building again. Have a fun, safe, and adventurous summer!