I could write a long message about how fun today was with all of your kiddos, and how much love and friendship is blossoming in this classroom, but I think that these pictures below say it all! Happy Valentines day Families!!
Today was AWESOME! I am so proud of our class and for all their hard work today! Give your kiddos extra high fives, and hugs when they get home and congratulate them on being a great friend, great listener, and a great learner!
The rest of the week is going to be filled with lots of exciting activities.
- Wednesday 2/9 is the 100th day of school! Don’t forget to wear your 100 day shirts!
- Friday 2/11 is “Kids at work” day! This means your child can dress up as a “worker” from a career or job in which they may be interested.
- Friday 2/11 is also when we will be having our Valentines day party! Please see the class list that was emailed last week. If you need it resent, please let me know:)
- February 4th – House Spirit Day
- February 9th – 100th Day of School (Come to school dressed in your 100 day shirts!)
- February 11th – Kids at Work Day (Come to school dressed as a “worker” from a career or job of your interest)
- February 11th – (Change in the Schedule) This is when we will be exchanging Valentines so all students can participate!
- February 18th – Early dismissal
- February 21st – No School – Vacation Day
As you may know, Punxsutawney Phil DID in fact see his shadow this morning! Who is ready for another 6 weeks of winter? Certainly not me!
Today was a blast celebrating Groundhog Day! We started off the day reading fun facts about groundhogs and why they have a special day named after them! We continued to celebrate today by watching Punxsutawney Phil see his shadow, followed by a fun poem and making our special hats. We ended our day by watching a fun video about Groundhog day on Discovery Education, and coloring a beautiful picture of Punxsutawney Phil using a “color by number” sheet.
Here are some pictures from today’s fun!