ITS is a division of the Educational Theatre Association. Our troupe was chartered in the 70’s (hence the low troupe number) – and has been actively involved since that time.
Students who participate in any aspect of our theatre program are considered for potential induction at a ceremony held each spring. Each hour spent contributing to theatre is documented, and every 10 hours of time equals one theatre “point.” Upon earning 10 points in at least two categories (performance, crews, club, officers, etc.) – a student will receive an induction invitation. If they choose to be inducted, they will receive a Thespian pin, and can wear a Thespian stole with their cap and gown at graduation.
How many theatre points do you have? Students can check on our Moodle site.
Thespian activities include:
- Apple Dumpling fundraiser – October
- Trick or Treat So Kids Can Eat – TOTS-EAT food drive – work the crowd at an October football game for monetary donations
- Also circulate through your own neighborhood on Trick or Treat Night (Oct 31) asking for canned-food instead of candy!
- Serving as ushers for mainstage productions – November (fall play), March (spring musical)
- Attending the state conference (early January) – Cost is approximately $175. Registration must be finalized by October 1st to avoid late fees. Stop by room 508 to pick up an information packet.
- Attending the national Thespian Festival (June)
- Broadway Cares/Equity Fights AIDS Raffle/ Auction – in lobby during spring musical
Troupe Officers :
President: Ashley Seiger
Vice President: Sonja Mowery
Officers: Damian Allman, Alex Detter, Marie Flinchbaugh, Madelyn Harnish, Emily Witmer, and Amanda Wolf. Troupe Director is Mrs. Melissa Mintzer. Mrs. Carole Shellenberger serves as advisor.
PA Thespians – is the state organization for Thespians. Visit their website: www.pathespians.org for information about state conference, senior scholarship auditions for performers, senior scholarship opportunities for tech portfolios/interviews, and upcoming productions from around the state.
Mrs. Mintzer is a State Board member for PA Thespians. Contact her with any questions or suggestions – she attends planning meetings about state conference in the spring & fall.