This Friday is a school spirit day to culminate “The Great Kindness Challenge” that we have been doing all week. Students who wish to participate should wear bright colors.
“Letort Elementary is proud to be participating in the global Great Kindness Challenge during the week of January 25-29. It’s a week devoted to performing as many acts of kindness as we can to spread positivity throughout our entire community. Students will be coming home with a checklist of ideas. Their goal is to check off as many acts of kindness as possible throughout this week. We hope all students will accept the challenge and show that KINDNESS MATTERS.”
Wednesday at Letort will be …Holiday Hats …and Masks!Get creative with a holiday hat and festive mask!! FYI…Wednesday is also an early dismissal!
Pajama Day for Children’s Hospital of Philadelphia was a HUGE success! We were blown away by the generosity of our LeTort students and families! Our final total was $1,589.85!! What a blessing that will be to the families with sick kids at CHOP. Thank you for being willing to donate 🙂 Congratulations to our class with the highest per-student-amount raised: MRS. WRIGHT’S 3rd GRADE CLASS!! Letort ROCKS!
This week, LeTort in combination with PMCares is collecting personal care items.
5th grade was asked to send in donations of CONDITIONER.
If you are willing and able to donate a bottle of conditioner, there are boxes in the vestibule at school to place your donations. (Each grade was assigned something different. Please check with your children’s teachers for their item if you are unsure.)
On December 4th, we will be having a School-Wide pajama day to benefit Children’s Hospital of Philadelphia. We will begin collecting coins to donate on Wednesday, Nov. 18th. Each classroom has a coin collection bucket. The class with the highest per student coin amount will win an extra recess!! So find your comfiest set of PJs and dig in the couch cushions for any coins you can find! This a great charity to donate to as it’s so close to home and services so many of our families!
As you know, parent teacher conferences will be held virtually this year. Conferences will be held on Monday, November 23rd, and Tuesday, November 24th. Please click on the link below to schedule a time for you to meet with your child’s teacher to discuss his/her progress for the first marking period.
Mrs. Moyer: Moyer Conference Calendar
Mrs. Beighley: Beighley Conference Calendar
**Note: The calendar will automatically default to today’s date. You will need to move forward in the calendar to Nov. 23rd/Nov. 24th.
Please remember these helpful hints:
· Look at your calendar, select dates/times that will work best for your family. Please remember we only host one conference per student, so it is very important that blended families coordinate this in advance.
· A g-mail account MUST be used to schedule an appointment. If you have one, I would suggest you use that. (Please include your child’s name in some way.)
· If you do NOT have a g-mail account, you will NEED to use your child’s log in information to sign up for the conference. It would be helpful if you recorded your child’s log in information somewhere. (Username= email@example.com ; password= specific to your child)
· After you sign up for your conference, an email confirmation will be sent to the email account of the teacher and also to the account you used to sign up.
· Mrs. Moyer/Mrs. Beighley will send an email to all addresses we have on file with the time and the Google Meet link. We will also send a reminder email close to the date with the same information. As long as you have the Google Meet Link, you will be able to attend the virtual meeting from the device/account of your choosing.
· If you are unable to sign up for a conference using your child’s computer, please contact our building secretary at 717.872-9530 to schedule your appointment.
Please sign up by Monday, November 2, 2020.
**If you have questions or would like to watch a video that walks through the process, please click HERE**