On December 4th, we will be having a School-Wide pajama day to benefit Children’s Hospital of Philadelphia. We will begin collecting coins to donate on Wednesday, Nov. 18th. Each classroom has a coin collection bucket. The class with the highest per student coin amount will win an extra recess!! So find your comfiest set of PJs and dig in the couch cushions for any coins you can find! This a great charity to donate to as it’s so close to home and services so many of our families!
As you know, parent teacher conferences will be held virtually this year. Conferences will be held on Monday, November 23rd, and Tuesday, November 24th. Please click on the link below to schedule a time for you to meet with your child’s teacher to discuss his/her progress for the first marking period.
Mrs. Moyer: Moyer Conference Calendar
Mrs. Beighley: Beighley Conference Calendar
**Note: The calendar will automatically default to today’s date. You will need to move forward in the calendar to Nov. 23rd/Nov. 24th.
Please remember these helpful hints:
· Look at your calendar, select dates/times that will work best for your family. Please remember we only host one conference per student, so it is very important that blended families coordinate this in advance.
· A g-mail account MUST be used to schedule an appointment. If you have one, I would suggest you use that. (Please include your child’s name in some way.)
· If you do NOT have a g-mail account, you will NEED to use your child’s log in information to sign up for the conference. It would be helpful if you recorded your child’s log in information somewhere. (Username= firstname.lastname@example.org ; password= specific to your child)
· After you sign up for your conference, an email confirmation will be sent to the email account of the teacher and also to the account you used to sign up.
· Mrs. Moyer/Mrs. Beighley will send an email to all addresses we have on file with the time and the Google Meet link. We will also send a reminder email close to the date with the same information. As long as you have the Google Meet Link, you will be able to attend the virtual meeting from the device/account of your choosing.
· If you are unable to sign up for a conference using your child’s computer, please contact our building secretary at 717.872-9530 to schedule your appointment.
Please sign up by Monday, November 2, 2020.
**If you have questions or would like to watch a video that walks through the process, please click HERE**
School is closed on Monday, October 12. As a result, Group A will meet in person on Tuesday (10/13) and Wednesday (10/14). Group B will meet in person on Thursday (10/15) and Friday (10/16). There will be no online instruction on Wednesday (10/14).
There is no school for students on Friday, November 6. As a result, Group A will meet in person Monday (11/2) and Tuesday (11/3) and Group B will meet in person Wednesday (11/4) and Thursday (11/5). There will be no online instruction on Wednesday (11/4).
This year we will be having two Picture Days. Please take note of the day your child will have their picture taken:
Tuesday, October 6th – Students in grades K-2 and Grades 3-6 Group A
Tuesday, October 6th – All PMVS Students are invited to come from 2:15-2:45. Please contact the school secretary (717-872-9530 ext 0, or email@example.com) by Friday, October 2nd, if you are planning on coming. ONLY THE FULL TIME VIRTUAL STUDENTS NEED TO LET THE SCHOOL KNOW IF THEY ARE PLANNING ON COMING. ALL OTHER STUDENTS WILL BE PHOTOGRAPHED ON THE DAYS THEY ARE IN THE BUILDING.
Friday, October 9th – Students in Grades 3-6 Group B
Picture Order Forms should come home this week with students on a day they are in the building. Parents of PMVS students should have received an email from Mary Jacoby regarding how to place orders online. Please contact the school office if you have any questions.
Thoughts from Mrs. McPherson
To celebrate both Labor Day and Patriots Day, we are going to have–not ONE, but TWO “Red, White and Blue” spirit days this week! On Wednesday, Group A learners are invited to wear Red, White and Blue to celebrate these two holidays. On Friday, Group B learners are invited to do the same! If it’s your “At-Home” day, feel free to spread the spirit and send us your patriotic pictures!
*Participation is always optional 😊
Registration reopens on Friday, August 21, for Penn Manor Virtual School for grades K-12.
The school district has established attendance policies in compliance with the Pennsylvania Department of Education to be followed under the Blended Learning schedule.
A limited number of home wifi devices for students without in-home connectivity are available. Please complete this form to register your interest and eligibility.