For attendance in ALL grades starting in 2017/2018, children need the following properly spaced immunizations for attendance:
- 4 doses of tetanus, diptheria, and acellular pertussis *(1 dose on or after the 4th birthday)
4 doses of polio (4th dose on or after 4th birthday and at least 6 months after previous dose given)
2 doses of measles, mumps and rubella**
3 doses of hepatitis B
- 2 doses of varicella (chickenpox) or evidence of immunity
Seventh through 12th Grade ADDITIONAL immunization requirements for attendance:
- 1 dose of tetanus, diptheria, acellular pertussis (TDaP)
- 2 doses meningococcal conjugate vaccine (MCV)
- First dose is given 11-15 years of age; a second dose is required at age 16 or entry into 12th grade
- If the first dose was given at 16 years of age or older, only one dose is required.
For more information regarding the updated PA Immunization Requirements, click on the following link:
Exemptions to the school laws for immunizations are:
- Medical reasons
- Religious beliefs
- Philosophical/strong moral or ethical conviction
If your child is exempt from immunizations, he or she may be removed from school during an outbreak.
For information on how to obtain free or reduced cost immunizations, please refer to the Resource tab.