The HACC, Lancaster campus will be hosting one of the inaugural Industrial Manufacturing Technician Apprenticeship classes starting June 2017! This Apprenticeship program, is the first certified in the Commonwealth. It is a hybrid registered apprenticeship program that provides production workers with the knowledge and competencies needed in the advanced manufacturing environment.
What does this program encompass?
- 18-month (or 3,000 hour) apprenticeship program, individuals are trained to
- Set up, operate, monitor, and control production equipment
- Help improve manufacturing processes and schedules to meet customer requirements
- Understand manufacturing as a business system that integrates multiple disciplines, processes, and stakeholders
- Efficiently and safely manage raw materials and consumables
There is an Information Session, Tuesday, May 9, from 3:30-5:30 p.m., at the HACC Lancaster Campus, East Building, Room 202. This will be a great opportunity for students and their parents to meet with the program director to learn about this program, and find out about the local companies who are already on board and are ready hire!