On September 10, 2016, TEDxLancaster hosted a sold-out, professionally produced event at the Ware Center. Many adults passionately shared “ideas worth spreading,” and younger speakers also took center stage to share their passion. Building on the success of TEDxLancaster and in order to support student creativity, intellect and 21st century skill development, an Inaugural TEDxYouth@Lancaster is in the early planning stages. To clarify, a TEDxYouth event is a TEDx event created for youth and by youth with the help of adult mentors. Because of your connection to this community, we need you! And there is only ONE chance to be part of an Inaugural TEDxYouth event!
If you are an adult or student (grades 6-12) interested in the following things, the TEDxYouth planning team is for you:
- Representing your school, community or industry in a positive way
- Supporting youth in our community who have ideas worth spreading
- Connecting with people who are motivated, driven, passionate, and committed to creating something special for our community
- Working with a team to hone real world skills that include marketing, budgeting, building partnerships, and effective communication
- Putting into practice authentic 21st century skills such as critical thinking; creative problem solving through collaboration; and effective interaction with community partners, that will enhance your ability to succeed in whatever path you choose
- Completing volunteer hours for school in a way that can build your skills for the future
- Being an important part of a TED experience that is new and exciting!
JOIN US at the Conference and Training Center at IU13 (Burle Business Park, 1020 New Holland Avenue, Lancaster) from 7PM – 8PM on Tuesday, October 4. Also, complete this short surveyso we can build a powerful, committed team of volunteers to make this event happen (probably in June 2017). RSVP through survey by September 29.
Also, feel free to forward this message to those in your world who you feel could make a positive contribution to the team. We are looking for a variety of backgrounds, passions and experience! TEDxYouth@Lancaster needs you! We hope you’ll join us and invite others (adults and students) to do the same!
The TEDxYouth@Lancaster Planning Team
Janice Estabrook, Coordinator of Gifted and Enrichment Services
Lancaster-Lebanon Intermediate Unit 13
1020 New Holland Avenue
Lancaster, PA 17601
Phone: 717- 606-1732