We just received notice from the PA Governor’s School for Science and Technology that the deadline for application is January 16! This is a four week summer program at Lehigh University. Governor’s Schools are rigorous, selective, and prestigious. If your son/daughter is accepted, the program is FREE! It is a great introduction to college. Many students say it is life-changing to attend a Governor’s School!
Here is the website: http://www.lehigh.edu/engineering/faculty/undergraduate/pgset/index.html
Attached is the application. Your son/daughter must have his/her guidance counselor submit the application for him/her. If interested, they should start the process tomorrow!
If they need help, see me, and/or school counselor.
Below is the email I just received from the Counseling Dept announcing the school and application deadline:
Pennsylvania Governor’s School for Engineering and Technology
June 28, 2015 – July 25, 2015
Lehigh University | Bethlehem, Pennsylvania
APPLICATION POSTMARKED DEADLINE: JANUARY 16, 2015
The Pennsylvania Governor’s School for Engineering and Technology (PGSE&T) is a four-week summer residential program for talented high school students of science and mathematics. Sponsored by the Team PA Foundation, Pennsylvania Department of Education, PPL and hosted by the P.C. Rossin College of Engineering and Applied Science at Lehigh University, PGSE&T offers an enrichment experience in science, technology, engineering and mathematics (STEM) and emphasizes cooperative learning and hands-on laboratory experiences.
The goal of PGSE&T is to encourage young talent to pursue careers in STEM-related fields. The PGSE&T academic program comprises four components:
- Core courses are selected to provide a glimpse into the grand challenges of modern engineering such as energy, healthcare/bioengineering, cybersecurity, transportation/infrastructure, environment/ sustainability, manufacturing/additive manufacturing, personal electronics, 3D printing, nanotechnology, and military technology.
- Laboratory courses engage students in hands-on laboratory experiences
- Team research projects
- Guest lectures by experts in various STEM-related fields will broaden each student’s awareness of the importance of science and engineering to industrial and societal progress.
PGSE&T faculty are recruited from Lehigh University and other leading regional institutions. The program of formal instruction and team research is conducted entirely at Lehigh University.
Sponsored by the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania Department of Education and
Corporations and Friends of the Pennsylvania Governor’s School for Engineering and Technology
- Guidance counselor should submit application on behalf of student
- Questions: email – firstname.lastname@example.org