Recording of Information Session about Early Enrollment First Year Pilot 23-24
Slides from the information session First year Pilot 23-24
Millersville University and Penn Manor School District began a program that provides an opportunity for high school students to experience college coursework. The program started in the 23-24 school year. High school juniors who meet eligibility requirements can join the Early Enrollment Pathway program. This initiative allows students to take one college course on Millersville University’s campus each semester of their junior and senior years. They will learn about college life, interact closely with faculty, and gain insight into college-level work. Students will receive 3 credits for each class (12 total) completed and upon successful completion of these courses will be admitted to Millersville University ( if that is a post-secondary goal). Tuition for the classes is paid by Millersville University for accepted students. Students will be asked to pay for a course textbook and a planner.
Coordinated by Millersville University’s Lombardo College of Business, this pathway program will help to prepare students for careers across diverse fields, including accounting, entertainment technology, entrepreneurship, finance, marketing, occupational safety, environmental health, information technology, sport management, and many more. Early Enrollment and Dual Enrollment are designed to complement what is offered at the high school. Penn Manor has set the requirement that students must have completed four of the following business-related courses at Penn Manor before enrolling. (Four total between grades 9 and 10)
CS: Creating and Making
CS: Communicating and Connecting
AP CS Principles
Honors Engineering Principles (aka Engineering Seminar)
Music Technology: Creating & Producing
Introduction to Web Development (virtual)
Marketing and Advertising
International Business & Investing
Agribusiness & Leadership
Intro. to Business (Virtual)
Personal Finance (Virtual)
Effective July 1, 2024, students shall have successfully completed at least 4 of the related courses before enrolling in the Early Enrollment Program.
To be eligible for this opportunity, students must have mostly College Prep or higher courses or have administrative/counseling approval after submitting the interest form.
Students are required to earn an A, B, or C in the Millersville class in order to be permitted to enroll in the next course.
Examples of the courses students may take at MU include Introduction to Business, Economics, and Introduction to Management.
For current 10th and 11th graders,
- Submit your MU Program Interest Form with parent’s signature to the School Counseling Office.
- Email your counselor to set a meeting to determine if the MU Program is a good fit for you and plan how you can arrange your schedule to make the MU courses fit.
- Once you know it works in your Penn Manor Schedule, Register with Millersville University: https://forms.gle/475cwUe33T7dfMbq9
For current 8th and 9th graders.
- Please email your counselor to determine whether this program is a good fit for you and plan how you will take the four required Business related courses prior to your Junior Year.
- Fill out the interest form (available in the school counselors office) and return it to your school counselor.