Registration has officially opened for Spring and Summer Dual Enrollment! Local schools that offer the Dual Enrollment program are Millersville University, Harrisburg Area Community College, Seyton Hill and others. Some students have also completed the Dual Enrollment program through Elizabethtown College, Lancaster Bible College, and even Penn State York. An information session was held in October but in case you missed it, here is a summary of the steps:
- Complete the appropriate Dual Enrollment application for the college you want to complete the course through. Applications for Millersville University and HACC are in the counseling office in the front lobby. They are due to your counselor by Monday, November 16th. *Don’t worry about getting principal signature, counselors will do this upon receiving your application.
- Make sure there is a transcript release form on file with the counseling office at the time you turn in your application.
- If needed, schedule a placement test or registration appointment,
- Once you have been accepted, provide your counselor with proof of registration so that it can be added to your schedule.
- Once the course is complete: Students are eligible to apply for a reimbursement scholarship. Students should listen to the announcements for more information about how to apply at the end of the semester.
**Scheduling Appointments with colleges:
Millersville: Student must have SAT combined Math and Critical Reading score of 1050 or ACT score of 23 to be eligible for Dual Enrollment courses. MU requires placement testing for Chemistry, Mathematics, and Foreign Language. See application for phone numbers to arrange for testing.
HACC: Many HACC courses require English proficiency of placement into ENGL 101. This can be show by taking the HACC Placement tests. or SAT Verbal score of 480, or higher or ACT English score of 21 or higher. Find information about scheduling the placement tests at HACC’s website.
Penn State York: Students must make a dual enrollment registration appointment by calling the admissions office 717-771-4040. See the Penn State York Dual Enrollment Fact Sheet for more information and complete the Penn State York Dual Enrollment Form