The School Counseling Department will be hosting a four-part students heading directly to the workforce and seniors who are undecided on a plan for after graduation. This Seminar series for the Class of 2017. As this is your final semester as a high school student at Penn Manor, we want to provide relevant job search skills and resources necessary for you to have a successful journey beyond high school. If you don’t think you’re interested in the linear four-year college pathway, become an active participant in the Senior Seminar to learn about other options and career tools available to you.
All four parts will be held in the High School Library during homeroom from 10:30am – 11:20am.
Part 1 – Wednesday, April 12, 2017: Job Search via Social Media
- Ms. Haines will be explaining how to use fundamental pieces of CareerCruising to better assist you in your career search.
- Have your resume and computer with you as we go through a live tutorial on how to update your paper resume into a live web-document on LinkedIn.
- Learn what online platforms are available for you to discover employment opportunities and how to submit your information on these databases.
Part 2 – Wednesday, April 19, 2017: Resume Builder
- Mrs. Wile will demonstrate the essential components of a resume and why it is so important in finding a career.
- You will expand your CareerCrusing resume to create a document that sets you apart from other candidates applying for jobs.
Part 3 – Wednesday, April 26, 2017: Career Fair
- Come meet with professionals from Conestoga View, High Steel LLC, Willow Valley, Warfel Construction, and D.H. Funk & Sons LLC.
- Participate in conversations with these recruiters to discuss potential job opportunities and qualifications.
- Bring your resume so they remember you!
Part 4 – Wednesday, May 3, 2017: Resource Fair
- Come meet with professionals from organizations in Lancaster County including:
- Adult CTC
- HAAC: will be promoting certification programs and remedial courses
- CareerLink: will be promoting their Ready2Work program
- Thaddeus Stevens College of Technology: will be promoting their 9-month certificate degree programs
Please, register for these events here: http://bit.ly/2n2hEnw