Reminders & News:
- The PTO Buy One Get One Free Book Fair is next week. It runs all week, but our class will be visiting during our Flex time on Monday. Please send money with them if you are planning on purchasing books.
- The PTO is hosting an early morning “GRAND” event on Thursday, May 4th from 7:30-8:30am. Please come and visit this special event. Grandparents, Relatives, Aunts & Uncles, Neighbors, and Devoted Caregivers are all invited to join students for light breakfast fare and some special shopping time at the Book Fair.
- May 24 is Awesome Activity Day! If you are interested in volunteering at this event, please sign up here.
- ABC Countdown – Can you believe that we only have 26 days left of school? We’ve had a lot of fun this year. You all have wonderful children! It is hard to let them go. To make letting go a little bit easier, we thought that we could do something special as we spend our last few weeks together. We will have an ABC countdown. Please do not feel obligated to buy anything special to go with these days. Most items are things you already have at home or things we will do in the classroom. A countdown sheet came home with your child today, please check it out! 🙂
I can’t believe we are heading into our last week of April! Ahhh!
If you are interested in helping out with the PTO Buy One Get One Free Book Fair please click on this link to sign up!
Reminders & News:
- Students should bring their goods for their stores in by Tuesday. 🙂 I am so excited to see all of the great ideas they came up with.
- Thursday, March 30 is the end of the 3rd marking period!!! How did that happen?!
- Friday, March 31 is a 1:30 dismissal
PSSA testing in the uppers grade begins next week. To support them, we will be having an academic spirit week this week. All students in grades K-6 are invited to participate!
Monday – Central Manor proud, wear blue and gold
Tuesday – Dress your best for the test
Wednesday – Show your super smarts, dress like your favorite superhero
Thursday – Put on your thinking caps, wear your favorite hat
Friday – Relax, we can do this! Wear pajamas or sweatpants
- Monday, April 10 – PTO Meeting at 6:30 PM
- Wednesday, April 12 – Report Cards go home for 3rd marking period
- Thursday, April 13 – We ARE in school (Snow makeup day from March 14th, 2017)
- Friday, April 14 – No School
- Monday, April 17 – No School
- Tuesday, April 18 – Spring Concert at 7:00 PM. We will be performing in this concert! A paper will be coming home from Mrs. Repkoe with more details. We will also be performing for the school during an assembly that day.
- Friday, May 26 – We ARE in school (Snow make up day from March 15th, 2017)
Hello! Happy first day of Spring! Your child is learning all about needs, wants, goods, services, and earning an income during our economics unit. We will be talking about the differences between producers and consumers and spending and saving our money.
A letter is coming home about a special project in which your child will be creating and running their own business. 🙂 The guidelines are below. Please return the bottom portion of the letter to school by Friday, March 24. The “goods” that they are producing are due to school by Tuesday, March 28. If you need any paper for the project, please let me know and I can send some home for the project. 🙂
We will be creating our storefronts at school, as well as a commercial/advertisement for our products. 🙂 Please contact me if you have any questions or concerns about the project!
Well this was a crazy week! I can’t believe it’s time to say good-bye again when we just started yesterday! The class did a great job adjusting to the craziness and I am proud of them for working so hard.
Happy St. Patrick’s Day!!
I hope everyone is enjoying some fun in all of the snow! Due to the snow days, we will now be in school on Thursday, April 13 and Friday, May 26.
Our spelling test is going to be Friday, March 17. Be sure to study your ai/ay words: play, day, say, plain, rain, wait, feet, me, door, told.
Want some extra credit? Practice your math facts by logging on to XtraMath!
News & Reminders:
- Book Orders are due if you are planning to order books. 🙂
- We’re running low on pencils and glue sticks if you would like to donate any to our classroom. We would greatly appreciate it!
- No school Friday, March 10 and Monday, March 13.
- Friday, March 31 is a 1:30 dismissal.
- No school April 13-17