I cannot believe that the end of the year is here already! I feel like we’ve just gotten started. I am so thankful to have been your child’s teacher this year. We have all learned a lot from each other this year. Our class has grown so much as learners and as people. Watching their smiles, friendships, and growth in so many areas has been such a blessing, and I thank you for the opportunity to witness it all. I thank YOU for all of the support and donations you have given our classroom this year. I thank YOU for all the support and love you show your child each day. I am so very grateful for this year, and will very much miss all of their sweet little faces next year. I look forward to watching them grow as they continue through the rest of their learning here at Central Manor. Thank you for an amazing year, Mrs. Saxton
I hope everyone enjoyed the long holiday weekend and beautiful weather. Can you believe we are down to our last 2 weeks of first grade?! We have a lot of fun things happening these last 8 days!
* Tomorrow we will be tie dying shirts! We will wear these on the last day of school.
* Wednesday – We will be switching classes to use our creativity to do some STEM activities.
* Thursday- Our class will be sharing our animal reports at our “Saxton Safari”. This is a drop in event from 1:45-2:30. Feel free to stop by for a quick visit and learn about some interesting animals.
* Friday – We will have a special visit from the Reptile Guy! We will learn all about reptiles and see them up close. It is also our “Water” day on our countdown. Students may bring a change of clothes to change into. They are also encouraged to bring a towel and either flip flops, sandals, or water shoes for while we are playing in the water.
* June 5 is our last day of school. We dismiss at 11:30 and no breakfast or lunch will be served that day. Report cards will come home that day.
April 3 4:30-6:30– Candy Sale Pick up in the lobby. Please be sure to pick up your orders. There are over 100 orders that will need to be picked up that day. Unclaimed orders can’t be stored at the school.
April 8-12 – Buy One Get One Free Book Fair! Students will be able to pick a book for free for every book they purchase. The less expensive item will be free. Our class will be visiting on April 9 from 11:00-11:30 if you want to help your child select their purchases.
May 30 5:30-7:30- School Picnic There will be music, food, and lots of fun activities for our CM families to enjoy! There’s even talk of teachers in a dunk tank!!