The students had a lot of fun celebrating kindness with Valentines Day today. We had valentine day themed stations, shared valentines with friends, and make kindness “compli-mats” for everyone in the class. Check out some fun pictures below!
On Friday, February 21, 2020 students are invited to wear clothing that represents careers they may be interested in exploring as an adult. Our hope is that Kids at Work Day will start conversations at home and at school about different types of careers, why someone chooses a career, and what kind of training/schooling is needed to get started in a particular career.
The 100th day of school is a very exciting time in first grade. We will be celebrating on Thursday, January 30th!!
- We are going to be having first grade 100th day stations filled with activities themed around 100! If you are interested, we are looking for parent volunteers WITH clearances to help run some stations. Please contact me if interested and you are a approved volunteer.
- Students can also join us in dressing like they are “100” years old on this day! Teachers may even look older that day too. Everyone’s participation makes this a really fun day!
It is MARK month at Hambright! All month the whole school will be emphasizing a different part of our martix. One of the ways we are celebrating MARK month is by having theme dress days. Please see the days below:
- 1/10 – Mismatch Day – Each leader at Hambright is unique! Students can also Make us believe they are a TV character by dressing like their favorite TV character.
- 1/17 – Animal Day – bring in your favorite stuffed animal/wear animal print or animal themed attire.
- 1/24 – Rainbow Day – “Be a rainbow in someone else’s cloud” – choose one bright color to wear to make a rainbow effect in each class.
- 1/31 – Kingdom of Kindness Month – Disney Magical Kingdom theme day – wear your favorite Disney attire.
We had so much fun together at the holiday assembly and spending our day together before our holiday break! Wishing everyone a very happy holiday and happy new year! See you in 2020!
Today all the first graders at Hambright got together to decorate some gingerbread trees with icing and lots of candy! Students worked hard and enjoyed getting a little messy. Check out some pictures below.
We have some 6th grade buddies visiting us all this week to help us with some fun writing activities. Today we wrote some elf stories with our buddies, check out the pictures below. We also had Mrs. Foster come in to teach us about Coding in first grade. Students all had the opportunity to practice on laptops with the Spark Jr. program. Learning is fun!
We had some fun learning about different holidays around the world with Miss. Walker. Today she had the students rotate around the room for some follow up station activities to each holiday. Check out some of the pictures below.
Our annual Mitten Tree will be set up in the Hambright lobby. Let’s synergize and fill our tree with mittens, hats, scarves and gloves that will be donated to families in need. All sizes from infant to adult will be accepted. Donations must be new and are due by Thursday, December 19. Thank you for helping to keep Penn Manor families warm this winter!