Dear Families, I know this can be a very hard time with the current unknown status around our community. This is an update we received from the superintendent that I wanted to share with all of you.
Penn Manor schools are closed through March 27 in the wake of the COVID-19 outbreak. It is unclear whether that status will change or when we may be able to resume normal operations. As we all deal with this unprecedented challenge, we want to let students and parents know that the education of children is on hold as the district evaluates options moving forward. Penn Manor continues to follow direction from the Pennsylvania Department of Education. Please understand that teachers will not be instructing students, grading assignments, or corresponding on instructional matters during the current 10-day closure.
Also…..Penn Manor is implementing a meal distribution plan for students beginning Wednesday, March 18, that utilizes students’ morning bus stop locations. The free, bagged meals will be delivered by school buses and will include a lunch and breakfast for the following day comprised of foods that meet school nutritional standards. For elementary students, meals will be delivered by buses at students’ regular bus stops each morning at times that roughly correspond with their regular school pickup times.
Please visit http://www.pennmanor.net for the latest updates regarding school district operations and school schedules.
We are having a lot of fun this week reading, writing, rhyming, and learning about a famous author. Today students and first grade teachers dressed silly for twin day.
Monday – Be a Who in Whoville – Crazy Hair Day
Tuesday – Thing One & Thing Two – Twin Day: Dress like a twin
Wednesday – Cat in the Hat – Hat Day
Thursday – Fox in Sox – Wear Crazy Socks
Friday – Green Eggs and Ham – Wear Green
The students had a lot of fun celebrating kindness with Valentines Day today. We had valentine day themed stations, shared valentines with friends, and make kindness “compli-mats” for everyone in the class. Check out some fun pictures below!
On Friday, February 21, 2020 students are invited to wear clothing that represents careers they may be interested in exploring as an adult. Our hope is that Kids at Work Day will start conversations at home and at school about different types of careers, why someone chooses a career, and what kind of training/schooling is needed to get started in a particular career.
The 100th day of school is a very exciting time in first grade. We will be celebrating on Thursday, January 30th!!
- We are going to be having first grade 100th day stations filled with activities themed around 100! If you are interested, we are looking for parent volunteers WITH clearances to help run some stations. Please contact me if interested and you are a approved volunteer.
- Students can also join us in dressing like they are “100” years old on this day! Teachers may even look older that day too. Everyone’s participation makes this a really fun day!
It is MARK month at Hambright! All month the whole school will be emphasizing a different part of our martix. One of the ways we are celebrating MARK month is by having theme dress days. Please see the days below:
- 1/10 – Mismatch Day – Each leader at Hambright is unique! Students can also Make us believe they are a TV character by dressing like their favorite TV character.
- 1/17 – Animal Day – bring in your favorite stuffed animal/wear animal print or animal themed attire.
- 1/24 – Rainbow Day – “Be a rainbow in someone else’s cloud” – choose one bright color to wear to make a rainbow effect in each class.
- 1/31 – Kingdom of Kindness Month – Disney Magical Kingdom theme day – wear your favorite Disney attire.