If you are leaving the @pennmanor.net community here is a tip to take your files with you from your Google Drive.
You can access your Nextcloud files from the Speed Dial Page. Download a few folders at a time onto your home computer.
As a reminder you can find recordings from our online training sessions on the Remote Teacher Tips Website. It is updated frequently to include tips and videos. Click Here.
Tech Tips for students can be found on the Remote Learning Website Tech Tips Page. You can share this link on your blogs, Google Classrooms, email, and other communication tools. Click Here.
Check out this Video
Google Classroom just released the ability to manage Google Meet Sessions in your Google Classroom. This is a great tool for teachers offering remote learning.
- To text from email, here is what you do. First, lookup the person’s cell phone carrier, using a site like this:
- https://www.freecarrierlookup.com/ or https://www.textmagic.com/free-tools/carrier-lookup.
- Then, use this format to text the person through email:
- T-Mobile – email@example.com
- Virgin Mobile – firstname.lastname@example.org
- AT&T – email@example.com
- Sprint – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Verizon – email@example.com
- Tracfone – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Ting – email@example.com
- Boost Mobile – firstname.lastname@example.org
- U.S. Cellular – email@example.com
- Metro PCS – firstname.lastname@example.org
Thanks to Kim Juba for this