As a reminder you can find recordings from our online training sessions on the Remote Teacher Tips Website. It is updated frequently to include tips and videos. Click Here.
Tech Tips for students can be found on the Remote Learning Website Tech Tips Page. You can share this link on your blogs, Google Classrooms, email, and other communication tools. Click Here.
When narrating over an existing video in a browser tab follow these steps for best quality:
Open the video in a browser tab.
CTRL N to open a new browser window. Launch Screencastify with correct microphone settings in the new window. Tap Record – Entire Screen. During the 3 second count down, minimize the “new browser window” start your video.
Use these keyboard shortcuts to control Screencastify settings.
Padlet is a great way to add some Interactive Classroom Activity. (Tutorial-Setup and share in your Google Classroom) Below are some ideas how you can use it in your classroom.
- Exit Ticket
- Ice breaker (2 truths and 1 lie)
- End of Year (give a compliment)
- Book Discussion
- Gather Feedback
- Scavenger Hunt
- Analyze a Quote
- Complete a Story
The new features in the Expeditions app update:
- Now give you the long awaiting ability to view and guide Tour Creator tours in Google Expeditions Now teachers and students can create a tour in Tour Creator and used the expedition app to guide others through their tour with virtual reality goggles. So now the tours made in tour creator can be viewed on computers, tablets or phones or guided as an expediton.
- These updates are only available on Android, coming soon for iOS
- Additionally a selection of top Expeditions tours have been translated into 10 languages: Arabic, French, German, Hindi, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Russian, and Spanish.
If you would like to create your own tour and would like assistance don’t hesitate to ask us for help.
Email us at: Judy@pennmanor.net or Shelby@pennmanor.net
Google has listened to teachers and has now added a materials section to the new Google Classroom.