Here is the information for “Meet Next Years Teacher”:
Every year we plan a “move up event” for the purpose of children meeting their new teacher for the following year. This happens during the day and is helpful for children to transition to the next grade level and also helps students see who will be in their classroom next year.
We plan to host our move up day again this year, but it will be virtually. Every child will get to spend about 20 minutes with their new classroom teacher. This special event will happen on May 28th. The schedule is below. In order for you to join the session, you will need to get the log in link from your current classroom teacher. They will email you. To plan ahead, please see the schedule below.
Moving into 1st grade: 9:30 AM (this is for current kindergarten students)
Moving into 2nd grade: 10:00 AM (this is for current first graders)
Moving into 3rd grade: 10:30 AM (this is for current second graders)
Moving into 4th grade: 12:30 PM (this is for current third graders)
Moving into 5th grade: 11:30 AM (this is for current fourth graders)
Moving into 6th grade: 12:00 PM (this is for current fifth graders)
Here is the information for “Picking Up Items from School”:
We would like to invite all of our families to enjoy a drive-thru visit to Martic to pick up your child’s belongings on Tuesday, May 26th. This will include spiritwear and all of their belongings. We are keeping our fingers crossed about yearbooks, but do not think we will have them by this date. Families may pick up their belongings between 3:00 PM-7:00 PM. This is not a requirement, but if you would like these items we will be available to distribute these in drive thru format.
In order to help us coordinate this effort, we would appreciate the following:
Please have a sign with a child’s name displayed in the front window of the car.
Please stay inside your car and a staff member will hand you the bags.
We ask that the person lowering the car window to receive the bags be wearing a mask, as our staff will be wearing masks.
Depending on the traffic behind you at the time, please be mindful that conversations will need to be brief.
Remember that we are smiling behind our masks.
Please also use this time if you need to return items to your teachers or the school. As long as you are staying in the district your child may keep the school computer. If you are moving out of the district please return it on May 26th.
Phew! Students’ desks and cubbies are almost entirely sorted. Students’ belonging are placed in bags with their names on them. In the future, a date will be given as to when you can pick them up from the school. Remember to fill out the survey or message me about the contents of your student’s desk, if you haven’t already. Have a great end of the week!
I hope everyone was able to take a break and enjoy the weekend. The work for this week is posted to Google Classroom and the District Remote Learning Site. There will be a Google Class Meet tomorrow at 10:45. The link will be available in Google Classroom. Remember to fill out the survey for student classroom belongings. I will be in school this week, which means my cell service will be a little spotty, therefore if you need additional office hours please reach out. Everyone is doing a great job!
Thanks to everyone for attending office hours and our Google Meet on Tuesday! It has been nice to see so many faces this week. Here are a few reminders and updates:
Penn Manor has released information about grading guidelines for the fourth marking period. Please visit this link for details about these guidelines. For information about viewing your child’s assignments/grades in Sapphire, please click here.
Teachers will have access to the building next week to pack up student belongings that were left behind in desks and cubbies. Please take a moment to fill out this survey for your child. I am asking that responses be submitted no later than next Thursday (May 7). Thank you!
Good Afternoon, A few important updates for parents and students:
1) Take a breath and pat yourself on the back. All of you (parents and students) are doing an awesome job teaching from home. I know it is not easy. If you ever feel like school is overwhelming, please reach out to me.
2) “Grades” for last week are in the grade book. Students will have an “R” for received if they completed the assignment. “EX” is for excused. The excused is only used for math, as students only needed to complete two of the three projects last week. If you feel that there is a discrepancy in the grade book please reach out to me.
3) The new material for this week has been added to our Google Classroom and the District Website. All the lessons this week are new content and will go in the grade book as an R. Please submit materials on Google Classroom or by whatever means is easiest.
4) We will have a Google Meet for the class on Tuesday @ 10:30 AM. I am making the Google Meet earlier to provide more time for students to work on assignments and keep my office hours open. If your student cannot make the class meeting that is perfectly fine. Remember they can meet with me during office hours from 9-9:30 AM and 4-4:30 PM Monday – Friday. I will keep Fridays open for appointments with students who may need help finishing work at the close of the week.
Tomorrow, I would like to have a WHOLE class Google Meet.
The meeting will be at 4:00, and I will send out the link on Google Classroom and Dojo.
I also thought it would be wise to have some guidelines for our Google meet:
1. Try to find a quiet place to participate in the meet. 2. Do not forget that Google meet uses video, so I expect you to be dressed casually but appropriately. 2. Make sure you “mute” your microphone when you first join the meet. 3. I will call on each participant, one at a time, to talk. When it is your turn, you can unmute your microphone and talk to the other students. When you are finished, you should mute your microphone again. 4. It will take a bit of practice for us to participate in a way so that we are not talking over each other. 5. If this works, I would like to try to “meet” at a predetermined time each week.
I hope everyone is staying safe and healthy. I have copied all of the assignments from our district site (District Site) to our Google Classroom. My goal is to make it easier for students to submit work, and receive my feedback. Parents can also be added to students’ classrooms to receive updates on their student’s progress. Please, just Dojo me or email me your preferred email and I will add you. Parents will receive an email asking how frequently they want updates on their student’s work in the classroom: weekly, daily, or monthly.
In Google Classroom, I have given students extra templates to assist them in completing projects, and make it easier to submit their work. Students, be sure to press the “submit” or “Turn in” button to ensure I know you are finished working on a project.
Every day I’ll have “office hours” from 9:00-9:30 AM and 4:30-5:00 PM, in case you have questions on how to complete something, or need some tech troubleshooting. Just send me a Dojo, Email, or Hang Out and I’ll get right back to you ASAP during those hours to help answer your questions.
Lastly, I will give individual feedback for everything that is submitted to me to help guide learning. Starting this week, there will also be an “R” in Sapphire under that subject to show that students have submitted the work.
I will be contacting each of you personally either Monday or Tuesday to check in and see if you have any questions. Students, I can’t wait to see your projects. Work hard and be creative.
This is a reminder that Thursday, April 9, and Monday, April 13, are weather make-up days, and school will be “in session” via remote learning on both of those dates. Friday, April 10, is a holiday for all students, faculty, support staff and administrators.