Hello 4th Grade Families!
As we come to the end of October, students have been working hard to master their math facts in multiplication. The goal for our class is for every student to be able to complete their 1’s, 2’s, 3’s, and 4’s by November 1st (That is this Thursday)! We have made great progress but need your help!
Ways to aid your students in their Math Fact Mastery:
- Flash Cards – Have students create and decorate their own Flash Cards.
- Play Multiplication War- Each player flips two cards and multiplies. Whoever has the highest product keeps the cards.
- Roll the Dice –
My students love Multiplication Roll ‘Em! Each student rolls two dice and multiplies the two numbers together.
- Awesome Arrays –
An array is an arrangement of similar objects, usually in rows and columns. Using unusual objects helps the concept stick.
- Play Bingo- Make Bingo cards out a piece of paper with multiplication problems (example 6 X 8) and call out products.
- Line Up Dominoes – Line the Dominoes up parallel to one another. Race to answer the math facts against a friend or quiz yourself.
Try Some Online Math
First in Math (Students have personal login)
ABC Ya Math Facts (Lots of other great games)
Brain Pop (Students have a login through Google)
Khan Academy (Students have personal login)
In support of our Warwick family who suffered a tragic loss on Friday, and another this morning we are encouraging all faculty, staff and students to wear red on Monday. Thank you for your support. Our thoughts and prayers are with them.
Recently, we had a wonderful assembly celebrating the “magic” of reading! Joe Romano came to our school and performed magic for a very excited group of students. All of the magic helped emphasize for students the joy and wonder in reading.
Red Ribbon Week is the week of October 22nd – October 26th.
Our school will participate by showing school spirit in support of National Red Ribbon week. Please look at the schedule below.
- October 22 ~ Peace Out to Drugs- Wear tie dye!
- October 23 ~ Stomp On Drugs! Wear boots!
- October 24 ~ Be a Drug Free Team!-Wear a team jersey or any team spirit wear.
- October 25 ~ Be a Smartie- Don’t Do Drugs! Kids will receive Smarties.
- October 26~“Pink Out” Day! Put a Cap on Drugs! Wear a favorite hat!
Tomorrow, 10/19 is a half-day for students.
Parent-Teacher Conference forms are due by October 23rd.
Yesterday, Aiden was kind enough to celebrate his birthday with us in class! Happy Birthday again from all of us!
Our Parent-Teacher Conferences will be held this year on November 7th and 8th. Teachers will be scheduling most of the conferences during these two days. While we hope that most of the conferences can be scheduled during the afternoon hours, we will have a limited number of evening appointments on Wednesday, November 7th to accommodate parents/guardians who work during the day. Please complete the form that came home with your student and return it to school by October 23rd.
I can’t wait to see everyone in November!