We hope everyone is staying safe during these unprecedented times. Please use this time to read a book, learn a new skill, explore nature, and most importantly spend quality time with your families. We will be able to work on new material and catch up when school resumes. As your student does fun things at home, you are welcome to email/dojo us pictures of the cool activities they are doing. We miss everyone!
-4th Grade Team
As Penn Manor continues to work with families, teachers, and staff it is more important than ever to check the most recent activity on the district blog (https://www.pennmanor.net/). Below is the most recent updates on the COVID-19 outbreak and school closings:
Post from PMSD:
Penn Manor schools are closed through March 27 in the wake of the COVID-19 outbreak. It is unclear whether that status will change or when we may be able to resume normal operations. As we all deal with this unprecedented challenge, we want to let students and parents know that the education of children is on hold as the district evaluates options moving forward. Penn Manor continues to follow direction from the Pennsylvania Department of Education. Please understand that teachers will not be instructing students, grading assignments, or corresponding on instructional matters during the current 10-day closure. While teachers may have resources for students such as active Google Classrooms for their lessons, there is no expectation for student attendance or submission of assignments between March 16 and March 30.
As we all deal with this unprecedented challenge, we want to share some important information with parents:
- The education of children is on hold as we consider options moving forward under the direction of the Pennsylvania Department of Education.
- We have decided not to pursue online learning for our students at this time. We would not be able to fulfill our legal and ethical obligation to serve every student appropriately via this means, and many of our students lack access to the internet at home.
- March 13 is now officially the end of the third marking period. Students’ grades will reflect assignments and assessments completed through that date.
- We are working to establish a system to provide breakfasts and lunches to families with children who qualify for free- or reduced-price meals, beginning Wednesday, March 18. More details will be released as they become available.
- All buildings are undergoing a deep cleaning, including all carpeting, fabric surfaces and touch points.
- Essential school district personnel, with minimal exceptions, will begin working from home Wednesday.
- Buildings will be open to teachers and the public by appointment only beginning Wednesday, March 18. Visitors should call the school office to arrange a visit.