PENN MANOR HIGH SCHOOL
JUNE 4, 2015, DAY 6
- Attention National Honor Society Members: Summer volunteer opportunities are posted on the NHS blog. Take advantage of your summer and complete hours for the 2015-16 school year. Email Mrs. Myers or Mrs. Henderson for pre-approval and submit verification when you return to school in the Fall. Members who have a summer shift at Water Street should check the Blog for the latest updated information.
- The PSAT is a test that all tenth and eleventh grade students will take next October 14th at Penn Manor. The SAT is a test that all college- bound seniors should take in the fall and juniors take in the spring. The PSAT has been redesigned for 2015 and the SAT has been changed for the spring of 2016. Free study tips, practice tests and personalized practice recommendations are available at the Khan Academy website. Checking out the PSAT and SAT ahead of time and taking the free practice tests can help you earn a higher score. For further information please stop by the counseling office for a colorful test sheet including the Khan Academy website and a list of all SAT & ACT dates for next year on the back.
- Students who have not returned your laptops: the last opportunity you will have to return it will be in rm 200 between 8 am and 12 pm. If you are keeping your laptop and have already returned your signed form to the office, you are required to visit room 200 between the hours of 8 am and 12 pm to get your laptop updated.
- AP Psychology students must email Ms. Vita by Thursday 3pm or drop the course by this Friday, June 5. All drops must occur by the end of the week.
- This is a reminder to any student signed up to take the June ACT here at Penn Manor. The ACT will take place on June 13th here at the High School. Doors will open at 7am and the sooner you get here the sooner you will be able to finish up. Please plan to enter through the Central Complex entrance and bring a number 2 pencil. If you have any questions please visit the counseling office.
- Attention Freshmen Track & Field members: Any student who participated on the freshmen track & field team and was unable to attend the end of the year picnic should stop in the athletic office to pick up your certificate.
- There will be a “Meet the Coaches” night on Monday, June 8th in the High School Cafeteria at 6:00 pm for any girl interested in trying out for the basketball team next year. This meeting is for players and their parents We would like to introduce all the coaches and go over summer and program details.